Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Me: Future Rainbow?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Chris Brodowski, Nov 20, 2002.

1. So I was looking online yesterday, trying to find some grad schools, when I stumbled upon one that had basically ALL MY INTERESTS! (condensed matter physics, high Tc superconductors, cryogenics, and "magnetic-bottle nuclear fusion"). It also is a high-level research institution, with a 3 or 4 to 1 student to faculty ratio in the grad departments. interestingly, this university was:

UNIVERSITY OF HAWAII AT MANOA!!!!!!!!! :eek: :)

I want to go sooooooooo badly now....Too bad its 6000 miles away...I will have to bribe my parents.... :D

2. yoshi

yoshi

Jul 12, 2002
    England, London
    ..and i thought i had it bad moving 60 miles away:confused:

then again, you'll be going to hawaii, ill be going to the shabby city of L**ds (yeha im a country boy and cant stand places without grass:( )

3. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

Or cling to the hairs of somebody on their way to Hawaii!! ;)

4. pmkelly

pmkelly

Nov 28, 2000
    Kansas City, MO
    If this is all your interests, then someone needs to get out just a bit more! :D Just playing! That sounds very cool that you found a place that is perfect for you... good luck getting everything in place to go!

P@

5. If this is all your interests, then someone needs to get out just a bit more! :D

:) :p

I am also looking in loads of colleges on the West Coast and some in Canada for graduate school, although I have never been so excited at the prospects of being in Hawaii for graduate school. The only two schools that i know of that I am looking at in the East are Syracuse University (close to home, unlike UH :D ) and Boston University.

But I think I'll end up in one of three places:
    1) Hawaii
    2) West Coast
    3) Canada

THANKS FOR ALL THE ENCOURAGEMENT!!!!!!

6. I know a guy who's working on his PhD in economics at U-HI. His quality of life improved immensely over his previous life in Champaign, IL.

Chris, you're probably already in horrendous debt as it is, right? Adding another $15-30 grand to the pile won't kill you, and if you're smart enough you should get a fellowship within a few weeks of getting out there.

7. jasonbraatz

jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    and here i was expecting a post about you questioning your sexuality :eek:

8. Dude, you're totally gay for Jazzbo.

;) :rolleyes: :D

9. HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My housemate calls me "a lesbian with a *****".

LOL

10. Max

Max Supporting Member

Feb 14, 2000
    Bakersfield, CA
    I too looked at the title of your thread, and thought you were "coming out."

Hawaii: expensive to live there. Hope you have a sugar daddy or are prepared to assume massive quantities of debt.

11. I am not necessarily going there, BUT THERE IS A 100% CHANCE I WILL APPLY, and I think it would really be almost like a dream situation.

12. bump :D

What can I say, I'm greedy?