1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Me: Future Rainbow?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Chris Brodowski, Nov 20, 2002.

1. So I was looking online yesterday, trying to find some grad schools, when I stumbled upon one that had basically ALL MY INTERESTS! (condensed matter physics, high Tc superconductors, cryogenics, and "magnetic-bottle nuclear fusion"). It also is a high-level research institution, with a 3 or 4 to 1 student to faculty ratio in the grad departments. interestingly, this university was:

UNIVERSITY OF HAWAII AT MANOA!!!!!!!!! :eek: :)

I want to go sooooooooo badly now....Too bad its 6000 miles away...I will have to bribe my parents.... :D

2. yoshi

yoshi

Jul 12, 2002
    England, London
    ..and i thought i had it bad moving 60 miles away:confused:

then again, you'll be going to hawaii, ill be going to the shabby city of L**ds (yeha im a country boy and cant stand places without grass:( )

3. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

Or cling to the hairs of somebody on their way to Hawaii!! ;)

4. pmkelly

pmkelly Supporting Member

Nov 28, 2000
    Kansas City, MO
    If this is all your interests, then someone needs to get out just a bit more! :D Just playing! That sounds very cool that you found a place that is perfect for you... good luck getting everything in place to go!

P@

5. If this is all your interests, then someone needs to get out just a bit more! :D

:) :p

I am also looking in loads of colleges on the West Coast and some in Canada for graduate school, although I have never been so excited at the prospects of being in Hawaii for graduate school. The only two schools that i know of that I am looking at in the East are Syracuse University (close to home, unlike UH :D ) and Boston University.

But I think I'll end up in one of three places:
    1) Hawaii
    2) West Coast
    3) Canada

THANKS FOR ALL THE ENCOURAGEMENT!!!!!!

6. I know a guy who's working on his PhD in economics at U-HI. His quality of life improved immensely over his previous life in Champaign, IL.

Chris, you're probably already in horrendous debt as it is, right? Adding another $15-30 grand to the pile won't kill you, and if you're smart enough you should get a fellowship within a few weeks of getting out there.

7. jasonbraatz

jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    and here i was expecting a post about you questioning your sexuality :eek:

8. Dude, you're totally gay for Jazzbo.

;) :rolleyes: :D

9. HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My housemate calls me "a lesbian with a *****".

LOL

10. Max

Max Supporting Member

Feb 14, 2000
    Bakersfield, CA
    I too looked at the title of your thread, and thought you were "coming out."

Hawaii: expensive to live there. Hope you have a sugar daddy or are prepared to assume massive quantities of debt.

11. I am not necessarily going there, BUT THERE IS A 100% CHANCE I WILL APPLY, and I think it would really be almost like a dream situation.

12. bump :D

What can I say, I'm greedy?