1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Me + kubicki + hartke = serious gas disease and a big puddle of drool

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by heath_the_great, Sep 8, 2004.

1. well, this arvo i decided to go and raid my local store (with no money) only to find a new hartke rig in there
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    i tell ya, this is one of the hottest sounding rigs ive played, with the eq off, contour at 12 o'clock and tube and solid state gains at 12'.....was just like a biiiigggg stick of buttah

2. DaveDeVille

DaveDeVille ... you talkin' to me ?? Supporting Member

go for it !!
    i still love my Hartke 4000 amp . i use it mainly for practice , but it just sounds great !!
    have you played any other Hartke models ? the XL series cabinets are top quality , no doubt about it ... :cool:

G.A.S. , no cure for it , might as well enjoy it !!

3. nah this is the first hartke rig ive ever played, or come across, and i was ultimately surprised by the price so this sort of amp, $1089aus for the cab and $1300aus for the head....but for my special vip person price i can get the two for $2000aus......but its probably gonna be a while before my amp upgrade since the guitarist in my new band is 'giving' me a quaddie, thats custom made here in aus, was gigged twice..so im happy, not contempt though now ive experienced hartke