Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Me On Bass.......What Do You Think??

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Treena Foster, Jan 4, 2004.

1. This is great! It's not my style of music at all but it's awesome. Amazing Job

2. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    VERY COOL!

I love your tone, it's like...perfect.
    [​IMG]

3. Wow. I have been waiting to listen to something like this! This sounds great. Nice town. Solid.

4. Thank you gentlemen!

[​IMG]
    Treena

5. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Very nice, Treena.:) Great old school tone happening, too.

6. *Looks for thumbs up smiley*

Damnit !

Very nice though ^^

7. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Which bass was that? Love the tone.

8. Well, ALRIGHT!!!

:bassist:

...great stuff, Treena.

9. Killdar

Killdar

Dec 16, 2002
    Portland Maine
    Any chance you could post the mp3 directly here or something? I can never get anything to stream correctly and the site's not letting me log in to download the song.

10. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    Not my bag musically... but great tone and good grooving bassline Treena. Nice!

11. Very nice! I'm in love with your tone. Sounds like a Fender Jazz with the bridge pickup solo, and I correct?

And also, as one enginner speaking to another (I've done some while my dad has tried to fix pro tools), have ya ever done something that looked cool as a last resort, only to nail the sound you were looking for?

12. Yvon

Yvon Supporting Member

Nov 2, 2000
    Montreal, Canada
    Great work!
    Sound like a Jazz to me also.
    But knowing Treena it might be a P!!
    Flatwound?

13. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

I guess I'll be the sexist and say.........pretty damn good for a 'girl'!! You gotz skilz! So very deep in the pocket and I dig all the little inflections that you're doing as well! You get an A+!!

14. Airsick Pilot

Airsick Pilot Cleopatra

Jul 29, 2002
    Cockpit(throwing up)
    Very groovy! I like it.

15. Hey, great tone and love the groove, especially some of those running fills. Good job, you did us Bay Area bassist well! :D

16. pbd

pbd Commercial User

Jul 17, 2003
    Metro Detroit
    owner Procables N Sound
    Awesome accomplishment, play and engineer. It makes me want to practice more (I know I can get better, I know I can get better,...)

Thanks for posting it! :D

17. malthumb

malthumb

Mar 25, 2001
    The Motor City
    Go Treena! (clap) Go Treena! (clap) Go! Go! Go Treena! (clap) Go Treena! (clap) Go Treena! (clap) Go! Go! Go Treena! (clap)

That would be me if I were in the front row at your gig ;)

Peace,

James

18. The bass.....is my 67 Jazz bass. I took a line from my head (Ampeg SVT 400 T) and also miced the cab (410) so the sound is half and half to Tape.

Thank you for enjoying my work.

Sure, I can try to post it here, but it takes a lot of room to get an entire song to upload here!

Lets see if this works! I tried and my file, MP3 is to big, I'll need to compress it, but that will make it sound bad, sorry about that!

Try this.
    http://www.soundclick.com/util/DownloadSong.cfm?ID=805645

[​IMG]
    Treena

19. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    Excellent bass! Good puch, nice groove. Not into the vocalist, not the voice, more the singing style, otherwise the song is great.