me play teen town

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by symbolic_acts, May 17, 2005.

1. symbolic_acts

May 24, 2004

Hi, i decided to record myself with my garbage computer mic playing teentown by jaco. The sound quality is awful and my tone sounds like crap pretty much lol. But im looking for what you guys think. After the main theme is done i improvd a (terrible) solo for all of you guys to laugh at ( :) )

i used a midi to back my bass. Its from a guitar pro file in which i turned the bass track off.
    some of it is hard to hear because of the horrible sound quality but wutever.

ps: suspended delirium is the name i gave my one man proj - nothing recorded yet though
    pps: i just turned 16 today and ive been playing for about 2 1/2 - 3 years or so
    ppps: yes that is my dog barking :cool:
  2. It's really hard to say anything because of the terrible sound. Tried plugging your bass direct into the computer?
    But seeing as your only 16, I'll say it's impressive anyways...
    I believe I have a link in my signature to my attempt at the same song.
  3. symbolic_acts

May 24, 2004
    no i havnt. How do i do that?

btw, the teentown in your sig is great! Improv? How old are you?
  4. Humbuckler

Sep 29, 2004
    que increible.

seriously though, nice job, although the garbage mic did a better job picking up the guitarpro band than it did you. makes me want to learn teen town.
  5. Whafrodamus

Oct 29, 2003
    Andover, MA
    Nice job, the timing's a little iffy in some spots, but hey.
  6. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA

:D Sorry...

I can't listen right now... soundcard weirdness...
  7. fraublugher

Nov 19, 2004
    ottawa, ontario, canada
    music school retailer
    "Mongo no like sheriff Bart "
  8. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    You've got the teen town part down pretty well, but the solo is pretty weak sauce. It's okay though, I can't solo either.
  9. symbolic_acts

May 24, 2004
    yea heh i said it was terrible :p
  10. Just plug your cable straight into the soundcard...Where you normally plug your mic.
  11. If you are 16 and have been playing less than 3 years, you should be very proud of the standard you have reached IMHO. :D :D

Your talent trancscends the poor quality of the recording. Keep it up. ;) ;)
  12. burntgorilla

Jan 24, 2005
    You might need a little adaptor though.