1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Me playing a Dream Theater guitar solo on Bass (video)

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Lokire, Jun 14, 2007.

1. It's short, and probably pretty simple by Petrucci standards, but it's an awesome solo so I learned it on bass and recorded it for you today :D

It's the guitar solo from "Forsaken", from the new album. :cool:

http://www.acidplanet.com/artist.asp?PID=992071&T=3222

Still a little rough, but it's good enough for me. I'll put it up on youtube tommorrow, when they're done with maintenance :)

2. gkbass13

gkbass13 Supporting Member

Mar 29, 2006
    New York
    that was pretty badass lokire!!! nice job...

a sidenote...i just emailed chris stambaugh about a possible order within the couple months!!!

3. Awesome. I'm still thinking about a 2nd one...maybe next year :)

4. Here's the youtube link :)

5. That was cool. Your first sweep was pretty nice too.

6. +1 Good stuff, as ever.

7. IconBasser

IconBasser Scuba Viking

Feb 28, 2007
    Fontana, California
    slick! very clean playing, I liked it. *sigh* the one shred thing I still have to master is sweeping. BLARGH!!! Idon't get it!!!

8. Antman3820

Antman3820 Supporting Member

Feb 27, 2005
    Toms River, NJ
    Lokire.....Its all in the Stammy !!!!Right ???

Just kidding, nice playing and Im glad to see you are still enjoying that monster bass. It would be real cool to get that MIDI going on your bass, with a guitar patch !!!!

Put those RMC's to good use...

Keep up the nice work..

9. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jan 21, 2021