1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Me playing at Freedom Fest in Madison

Discussion in 'Recordings [DB]' started by Eli_Upright12, Feb 26, 2008.

1. http://web.mac.com/marcpiane/iWeb/Site 6/Freedom Fest.html
    This link will take you to the website where you can listen to it and tell me what you think, the bass was mixed a little bit quiet, but hopefully you can hear it. It was really a blast to play this gig, and be around real-deal jazz musicians for a day.

Special thanks to Marc Piane aka Fingers. a fellow midwest bassist, for posting it. Thanks Marc.

2. Oh come on 42 of you read this and no one has anything to say???

3. really hard to hear you. how's madison? You taken any lessons with Richard yet? YOU HAVE TO!!!

4. Lobaw

Lobaw

May 14, 2007
    Seattle, WA
    I couldn't hear the bass so well either. I expect that was because you were locked with the drummer.;)

5. Lobaw

Lobaw

May 14, 2007
    Seattle, WA
    I couldn't hear the bass so well either. I suspect that was because you were locked with the drummer.;)

6. It was pretty amazing how Reggie Nicholson, who is a professional, was able to step in without any rehearsal and play with us. I did find it incredibly easy to keep all my lines really clean with him there. I wish I got to play with a drummer like that all the time.

7. Madison's pretty good cold as heck, but good, I kind of wish there was a bigger youth jazz scene, and a bigger jazz scene in general to try to break into. I haven't gotten to take lessons with Richard (I don't got the bank account for it), but I am attending his Bass Conference in two weeks and I'll have a chance to interact with him there. One of my Section mates from last year is studying with him and says its great.