Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Me playing Linus & Lucy on the Zon Sonus 5 Special

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by DarkMazda, Apr 14, 2002.

1. DarkMazda

DarkMazda

Jun 3, 2000
    NJ
    http://www.geocities.com/coybee82/dmsucks.mp3

laugh all you want.. I'm no Stu Hamm and yes its 2 hand tapped..

its Linus & Lucy - 1 take so i screwed up here and there..

DM:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

PS: Make sure you right click and save target as.. :)

2. Oysterman

Oysterman

Mar 30, 2000
    Sweden
    I listened and tried to mimic. No way I can play two lines at once. I must suck even more!

But what really does suck is seeing you posting in the wrong forum, no? :p

3. DarkMazda

DarkMazda

Jun 3, 2000
    NJ
    lol... your better than me probably... maybe i can go to your house and show how to play it..and steal your TE AH300 ;) i need a TE head.. to get rid of my TE combo ;)

DM

4. Oysterman

Oysterman

Mar 30, 2000
    Sweden
    I don't have any two-handed chops at all - my hands just can't work independently in that way. I'd need lots of practice to overcome that. I can't play piano either, for the same reason.

And I sold that TE head long ago. ;) Good stuff, but sounded too coloured to my liking.

5. DarkMazda

DarkMazda

Jun 3, 2000
    NJ
    awww!!! i want a TE AH300 soo much... if i get that.. get rid of the 2x10 combo and then get another TE4x10!! w00t!!

PS: I USED To play piano for 8 years from when i was 4 years old ;)

6. ldiezman

ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    Nashville
    Hey Darkmazda. not bad at all. Sounds good, now where are inner voices? geez.. haha just kidding. great playing

7. Can somebody please explane how you go about playing 2 lines at the same time? I just don't understand. Do you need a 5 string for this one?

8. 98dvl

98dvl

Jan 31, 2002
    USA
  9. Christopher

Christopher

Apr 28, 2000
    New York, NY
    A five string isn't necessary for "Linus and Lucy." Though the bass part is easier to play at the eight-through-eleventh frets than lower down.

10. Angus

Angus Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2000
    Palo Alto, CA
    Bassline played on the EAD, and the melody line is on the G (and D when you add the double stops that Hamm plays, which DM didn't), but playing on the BEA, as Christopher said, is probably easier. The tricky part is getting the timing right, because the tapping isn't sequential; both parts are seperate from one another. I have the music for it if anyone wants it.

DM: Good job! Not bad.:)

11. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Mexico
    nice tune mazda!

what did you used for the back track?

BTW: i can kinda play the first portions of "Quahogs anyone" (where in the middle is that linus and lucy tune)

although is just two handed tapping but not at the same time (i also suck at that)

12. DarkMazda

DarkMazda

Jun 3, 2000
    NJ
    Anus: I did do the double stops... :p

Everyone else; Thanks for the kind words :)

13. ldiezman

ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    Nashville
    No need for name calling. ;). You did the double stops, they just weren't as noticable. But hey it still sounded great

14. Angus

Angus Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2000
    Palo Alto, CA
    The tapped double stops on the D and G? I don't think you played those. If you did, you must be playing the notes on the D REALLY softly, which also means you played the basslin BEA. Hhhmmm.

Note: I don't mean the strummed chords.

15. Very nice indeed! Way to go. Not only is it a nice performance but you've got the cojones to post it right here. :cool: