Me playing with Mike Keneally!

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by beermonkey, Jan 2, 2003.

1. beermonkey

Sep 26, 2001
    Seattle, WA
  2. Very nice... and very cool.

Mike is one hell of a fine player, and keeping up with him playing any Zappa tune is quite a feat. That must've been a blast.

Oh yeah, and he is one of the finest people in "the biz" too.
  3. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    Yep, I agree with Darell.
  4. beermonkey

Sep 26, 2001
    Seattle, WA
    Thanks, one and all, for the kind comments about my dodgy playing. This was the single most amazing moment of my entire life; playing a Zappa tune with one of my favorite musicians of all time, live, infront of people!! I'm still trying to convince myself that this isn't some cruel dream that I'll wake up from thinking, "dear god, that would have been cool if it had actually happened"

#include <clue.h>
  5. hujo

Apr 18, 2001
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Congratulations, that's very cool! That song is a blast to play, i was lucky enough to play it with a full horn and string section, + five percussionists... Wonderful!
  6. DaveBeny

Mar 22, 2000
    London, UK
    While I can't say that I know anything about Zappa's music, I was very impressed! Some great chops on display all round! Well done!
  7. lump

Jan 17, 2000
    St. Neots, UK
    Dude, that's friggin' awesome!

In a quasi-related note (that I've been dying to brag about), I recently got to play with a drummer named Alan Silverstein, who has played on a couple of Keneally's albums. Believe it or not, he's the drama teacher at the high school here, and the SUBSTITUTE band director. :rolleyes: He's a monster, who has played with several of the Zappa guys (including Scott Thunes) and was gracious enough to sit in with the jazz band that I also sub in for our little Christmas concert. I am soooo not worthy. Super guy.
  8. ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    It won't let me open the page :(.. I don't know whats wrong.. its not my week