Me, the girl i like, and the guy she goes out with....

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Bob Clayton, Apr 30, 2003.

1. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Deptford, NJ
    ok, heres sum background info....i've liked this girl for.....going on 4 years...shes liked me for the better of 4 years...we went out twice...and we had out little the end we both got hurt...alot..we patched things up...and we're pretty good friends now...still with those feelings for eachother...

now she calls me today, turns out her boyfriend that "loved her more than anything in the world" cheated on she came to me for comfort and advice...and i gave it to her...

i then asked her what she was gonna do...she said she didn't kno...but that she realized that she was stupid for not being with the person she really wanted to be with...and that was me...

as it stands right now...her and her boyfriend are pretty much done....we want to get back together....but we are both having a hard time getting over the past...we don't know what to do....

any suggestions?

2. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    High School love?

Ah... my specialty.

I too am in high school.

Know this:

It will not last. Not more than a year. Never. Neither of you are mature enough.

(Sorry for ruining your day.)
  3. Ditto squared dude. The best remedy is time. If you're hung up on the past, it will dictate everything you do in the new relationship.
  4. Bob Clayton

Aug 14, 2001
    Deptford, NJ
    i agree with both of you....its just hard to come to that realization on your own, you know?

5. darkspec

Jan 2, 2003
    Cleveland Ohio
    Dude, im in highschool.....Ive been dating my g.f for 1 year and 3, i dont get how you see it wont last.
  6. Bob Clayton

Aug 14, 2001
    Deptford, NJ
    you have sumthin special....cherish it

the majority of HS relationships, like 99.9% will end within 6 months

7. Bardolph

Jul 28, 2002
    Grand Rapids, MI
    Reminds me of..... me. I really think that's what's gonna happen with my X and the guy she's seeing now. Most people say high school relationships don't last and that is true almost every time, but you never know. Some people meet their person in school, you most likely did not.
  8. "be of love a little more careful than of anything."
    -ee cummings
  9. Atleast you have an interest in dating and all that right now. I have had no drive to go out and get a girlfriend or a female partner of any kind. It may be because of my last girlfriend *Shutters* or it may be because The medicines im on. I dont know but I kinda wish I did have the drive. I miss a womans touch :bawl:
  10. Dan Molina

Dan Molina TalkBass Secular Progressive

Jul 17, 2002
    Murr Town, California
    i'm in high school i've been with my girlfriend since october 10th and we've never had one fight/argument everything is perfect.
  11. old_skool

Aug 17, 2000
    Milwaukee, WI
    I know a few people that met there future spose in high school on their first date ever. Think about how many couples that you have heard say that they met in high school. I can think of a lot. I say go for it...
  12. Sounds like you've become the sensitive older brother friend type. She'll say something like "why can't more guys be like you?" But it won't happen. Why? Because you're comfortable, like jeans. She wants exciting and new, like stripper boots. So she'll just come to you when she needs comforting.

IME, of course.
  13. Phat Ham

Phat Ham

Feb 13, 2000
    The guitarist in my band met his girlfriend in high school. They've been together over four years now.
  14. Mike N

Mike N Missing the old TB

Jan 28, 2001
    New York
    Thank you, Dr. Laura:D
  15. I have to agree.

However, who knows?

Best of luck.
  16. Bob Clayton

Aug 14, 2001
    Deptford, NJ
    here some parts of an online conversation i recently had with her:

me: i just hate to see u always end up with the guys that hurt you
    her: aww, i love u soo much.....i attract the evil guys...except u, ur perfect

later on...

me: what do you want to do
    her: i want to be with you....

me: plus, u kno im always here for you, no matter what
    her: i noe, thats y i luv u
    me: you wanna be with me right?
    her: yea
    me: you sleep on that tonight....i want nothing more than u to be happy, but i don't want u making a decision because ur upset right should be calm while making any decision that you do
    her: bobby, i knew from the start i wanted to be with u
    her: no matter how upset i am im always gonna noe ur the guy i wanna be with

later still....

her: come over, i wanna see u
    me: i can't
    her: u have to
    her: i need u
    her: now
    me: i can't
    me: i have no way of transportation
    her: o, alrite
    me: why do you need me that bad?
    her: cuz ur u
    me : yeah, but u never needed me this bad before
    her: yes i have, never told u when i did
    me: o
    me: see im afraid of sumthing
    her: wat
    me: you say you really like me right now and want to be with me, and i believe you....but say u break up with dane, im afraid you won't want to get in a relationship with me
    her: i want to, but im still really afraid to
    me: cuz of before?
    her: yea
    me: yeah....but that is years in the past....we were both hurt.....but if we ever want to get together again, we need to leave it in the past
    her: i noe bobby, we were both hurt, i was hurt the most, i have been tryin so hard to leave it in the past and its juss harder for me then it is for u

someone older and wiser than me PLEASE make some sense of that

17. Hmmm, Im not older and im probably not wiser but, I would say that she is pretty confused right now. She apparently loves you and cares for you alot as do you for her, But your past has not been forgotten so she isnt sure what to do.

I recommend that you NOT try and start a relationship with her quite yet until she can truely figure out what she wants. Let her make the first move if she does want to be with you. If you make the first move she might feel cornered and say yes even though thats not what she feels. But that just my .78 cents. Peace
  18. You may not like me for saying this, but it definitely sounds like she's stringing you along....having her cake, and eating it too. She gets what she needs from whatever arrangements she has with the current boyfriend, and for everything else....she goes to you. I don't want to say that it's a waste of time, because I want to believe the best in people. You are far better off trying to maintain the friendship that exists. Anything else, and you're going to be in a position you don't like.
  19. BassWizard55

BassWizard55 Guest

Dec 21, 2002
    Rome, Ga
    HAHAHAHA......kiddie love.

I say you two need to learn how to speak/type english.

:eek: :oops: