Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

me too!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by fourstringer73, Mar 5, 2001.

1. Im pretty new to the bass scene (or whatever you wana call it) but i learn pretty quick. Im in high school band(Im a nerd) and i play tuba, trumpet, french horn, and baritone, so im pretty exposed to music theory. If you ever want to drop me an e-mail, send them to fourstringer73@hotmail.com and i'll be happy to talk music with you!

2. hey, im in high school band too. i also play tuba. although i don't work very hard at it, and up until 7th grade i played trumpet. i started playing my bro bass last year for stage band, then i bought it off him this year. so, im relatively new at bass. play guitar too. what grade are you in and what kinda bass ya got??

3. yawnsie

yawnsie

Apr 11, 2000
    London
    Seeing as you're both relatively new here, welcome aboard! And, in a little bit of pointless trivia, the Who's John Entwistle started off on the trumpet, and he didn't do too bad for himself...

4. mikemulcahy

mikemulcahy

Jun 13, 2000
    The Abyss
    Your in good company, I started off playing trumpet as well. Matter of fact i think I will break out my trusty Olds Ambassador!!!

Mike

5. There's a lot of ex-trumpeters on this board, me included. Haven't played in a while, but it's still fun to blast out the In the Mood solo every once in a while...I love playing alone in the basement, the echo sounds sweet.

6. Suburban

Suburban

Jan 15, 2001
    lower mid Sweden
    Allow me to join the party, as a trumpet starter, that for some reason crossed over to stringed bass.
    Still like the old, chinese brass junk that my less knowing parents bought me for christmas - 1970, sharp!

7. Ex-trumpeter, baritone horn and valve trombone player here as well. I guess that I've been playin' low notes since the 6th grade which was a looongggg time ago!

8. Trumpet here too. Though probably nowhere as good as the rest of you.

FF

9. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    trumpet for me too. i was a horny lad. in more ways than one :D

10. piano then...........TRUMPET, yup i'm a pretty good trumpet player, i still play it but bass a hell of a lot more

11. Im a senior and i hava ibanez sr300dx. i consider this my stater bass because the ones i owned before this are too embarassing to admit!

12. Phat Ham

Phat Ham

Feb 13, 2000
    DC
    well whadduya know I played trumpet for 3 years in my high school jazz band. That solo from In The Mood always killed me because we played that chart as an encore and my lips were always shot when we played it.

13. Deynn

Deynn Moderator Emeritus

Aug 9, 2000
    Iowa
    I played trumpet for over 30 years...and if I can ever play bass....even 1/4 as good...I will be VERY happy....:D

14. Yeah, by the time you're holding on to that high D in the end it's curtains!