Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

me50b

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by ronnieD, Oct 13, 2004.

1. ronnieD

ronnieD

Oct 13, 2004
    Since getting my me50b, I have noticed some residual background noise/distortion when in use, even if I have everything turned off including the compressor. It is apparent when I play a note. I have tried different amps and basses with no change. Is this normal ? Has anyone else experienced this??

2. Correlli

Correlli

Apr 2, 2004
    New Zealand
    I tried the ME 50 the other day and notice some noise. I'm not 100% sure, but I thought I saw a noise reduction switch located on the back??. Sheilding your electronics is a good move too.

3. Mine seems quiet. Some of the distortions/overdrives get noisy naturally and there is a tiny rotary noise gate knob on the unit next to the output jacks and power switch.

Perhaps check your bass and cable. Set all knobs to 12o'clock with no FX or Compression turned on. Make sure the volume/level knob isn't cranked.

Hope that helps. Let us know.

4. Yep, there is a little bit of noise... with me, I simply turned the noise reduction knob to the highest position, that seems to fix it.

however, if you use lots of medium/high on your eq, it'll lift the noise level.