Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

ME50B

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Jmann, Apr 20, 2005.

1. Jmann

Jmann

Apr 29, 2003
    Lexington, Ky
    yeah, so i picked one of these up at Rt 60 music co in wv yesterday. i plugged my warwick in to it and all i can say is wow. It adds a gritty punch that i really like with no effcts on... i dont like the synths, but i love the delay & modulation. When i jam with my band tonight, ill be using it & i will say more after that.

2. Jmann

Jmann

Apr 29, 2003
    Lexington, Ky
    this thing is good, but all of the presets are useless. i had an anoying noise compatition with my guitarist and won. the synths are useless, the chours is awesome so is the delay and everything else in the modulation patch. the distortion is crazy, but not really that good, because ill turn it on and be lost in the mix. the defretter is horrid...

3. I swapped mine for a trace elliot cab :D just recently.

I thought the effects were nice, especially the delays, chorus and some dists, but the rest were useless to me...
    But what really got me, well, there were 2 things... one, you cant take the wah pedal too far back, or you'll blow the wig off your singer with the tremendous amount of bass that it generates...
    and 2, and more importantly, when you got that nice clean sound and you start saving patches to replace the factory patches, as soon as you start adding effects like Phazer, the volumes all go crazy high on that patch, and it seems that you cant really control the Phazers separate volume, so you have to turn down the main, which sux balls, cause if you are using a dist with it, it lowers the vol of that too, changing that perfect effect that you worked so hard to save as a preset...

I went back to pedals after the trade for the trace.
    IM much happier now, though poorer. lol.