1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Measurement check - Fender hardshell case

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by vision, Jul 30, 2012.

1. vision

vision It's all about the groove!

Feb 25, 2005
    Ann Arbor, MI
    Endorsing Artist: MTD Basses, La Bella Strings, and 64 Audio IEMs
    I'm hoping that someone out there has one of these and can check the internal measurements for me. I want to get a Fender hardshell case (the ones like these which are made by G&G) for my Alleva-Coppolo LM5, but I'm not sure if the fit will work. My bass is 47" long from the strap pin to the tip of the headstock, and the internal dimensions for the Fender case are listed at exactly 47". I'm trying to determine if that will be too tight.

I may be in a unique position with my bass because it's somewhat of a hybrid in terms of the Coppolo models and their changes over the years - Jimmy changed the headstock design slightly and also widened the body shape around the time that mine was built. I have the new headstock with the old (standard full sized jazz bass) body size. I called him about it because he actually had some G&G cases made for his basses, but his current batch is both wider and longer than the standard size to fit his current specs. This would probably be too wide for my bass, but I'm wondering if the standard G&G cases would be long enough.

Thanks!

2. vision

Feb 25, 2005
    Ann Arbor, MI
    Anyone out there have one of these cases?

3. TheFantod

TheFantod #5 of the Pentaverate. Took Col. Sanders' spot.

Aug 7, 2009
    Eastern N.C.
    I have a 68 AVRI P-bass with a very similar case.

The case is 48" long. The distance inside (from headstock end to strap button) is 47" long.

Don't know if that helps.

4. vision

Feb 25, 2005
    Ann Arbor, MI
    Yep that helps...I'm thinking that it'll be a tight fit but should work.