1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

For Sale MEC Pickups and Preamp

Discussion in 'For Sale: Parts, Strings, and Accessories' started by vbroden, Dec 28, 2018.

1. vbroden

vbroden Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2009
    Los Angeles, CA
    Premier Guitar Magazine, MXR Pedals, Comfort Strapp straps, D'addario strings
    Price:
    $175
    This set is out of a 2016 masterbuilt Warwick Dophin. Everything is in pristine condition and works perfectly. I had my tech remove them when the bass was brand new since I am endorsed by a different company. Great sounding pickups. This price is incredibly low for all of it.

Attached Files:

bassbooty likes this.
  2. Halegroove

Halegroove Supporting Member

Feb 15, 2010
    N. KY/Cincinnati, OH
    4 or 5 string? Max string spacing?

vbroden likes this.
  3. vbroden

Mar 3, 2009
    Los Angeles, CA
    5 string. Warwick Dolphin has standard Wawick 16.5 mm spacing.

4. bassbooty

bassbooty -Rey Supporting Member

Jul 4, 2006
    Utah
    As long as the pickups are the correct size for the bass, there will be no string spacing issues as these pickups utilize bar magnets. :)

5. vbroden

Mar 3, 2009
    Los Angeles, CA
    Even though Warwick makes saddles with adjustable spacing they utilize two different bridge sizes that require different pickup sizes.

bassbooty likes this.
  6. bassbooty

bassbooty -Rey Supporting Member

Jul 4, 2006
    Utah
    True, that’s exactly why I said:

7. vbroden

Mar 3, 2009
    Los Angeles, CA
    So the original question about string spacing directly correlates to pickup size. The gentleman asked the right question, he could have asked for pickup size in millimeters but this will give him the right information as well.

8. donahue

donahue Supporting Member

Jun 10, 2015
    Oregon
    So what did you replace the double J with? I'm looking to replace the one in my Fortress Masterman. Choices are very limited