1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

MEC pickups RULE!

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by schnigges, Mar 16, 2009.

1. schnigges

schnigges

Jun 29, 2008
    luxembourg
    Hi there,

I've been GASing for a warwick for almost 2 years now. But being a student, an already having to basses, I figured it would be unnecessary to buy a third bass. My teacher then told me about a luthier nearby and after many e-mails with MEC (very good customer service, they didn't tell me to use their Preamp, but helped me find a way to keep my EMG pre) I was certain about the pickups I was going to use.
    After reading all the positive reviews on the SS of Warwick I decided to swap my EMG HZs on my Esp/Ltd F-255 for two MEC MM style humbuckers with serial, parallel and singlecoil switch for each of 'em while keeping the active Emg 3 band eq.

The result is simply amazing. I can get almost ANY tone I want, including those growly bass and mids Warwicks are so famous for!

Just wanted to share with you all.

Attached Files:

2. Relic

Relic Cow are you?

Sep 12, 2006
    Robbinsville, NJ
    I like MEC's as well. I don't think they work great on just any bass, but if you match the bass and the pickups, the results are stunning :)

beautiful bass BTW

3. Congrats! Where did you get the MECs and how much did you pay, if you don't mind telling.

4. schnigges

schnigges

Jun 29, 2008
    luxembourg
    MR M I got the pickups from the Warwick web shop. Since I speak German I had no issues since both brands are German as well. I paid 300 € for the two of them, quite a lot, but it was my birthday present, so who cares ? ;)
    As for you, I don't have a clue if they ship to turkey...

To Relic
    Thanks a lot!

5. bassike

bassike

Apr 24, 2008
    Montreal
    any sound samples??

I have the same bass but I got EMG-DC

nice bass

cheers

6. tomas_almeida

tomas_almeida

Oct 5, 2007
    Portugal
    I'm also interested in hearing sound samples.