1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

MEC Twin J and P pickups with preamp. Should i buy?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by ilikebass7, May 27, 2011.

1. ilikebass7

ilikebass7

Sep 7, 2008
    Endorsing Artist: Marco Bass Guitars
    84d9d9b2.

So this is my ibanez ex bass.

Right now it has a Reverend J pickup and a Bartolini 8s P bass Pickup.

So im at the local guitar store in Oregon and they have the preamp and pickups from a Warwick Thumb Dirt blonde 2006 LTD

So a twin j pickup and a p pickup.

I ended up buying them and realized they would need to much routing to fit my ibanez.

I already have sold the preamp and am going to sell the pickups.

2. Morning Beer

Morning Beer

Oct 2, 2009
    Cleveland
    Seems to me alot of people don't like Mec's. I for one do. I have a vette proline, Active pups, and pre. IMO the pre was absolute garbage, gutted that out of my bass and added a tone knob. Really helps with the harsh-er highs of the MEC's. Wick parts seem to be quite a challenge to find in the states, you could probably get rid of everything pretty quick if you dont like it.

3. ilikebass7

ilikebass7

Sep 7, 2008
    Yeah thats kinda what i was thinking. High resale if i do need to resell. And i just sold my corvette proline about 2 months ago and i LOVED the tone. I to was not crazy about the Preamp but can live with it and i think i will much prefer the tone over my Bart and Rev pickup with Vol Vol Tone passive setup

4. calebbarton

calebbarton

Aug 25, 2007
    Oregon
    I manufacture for several companies including but not limited to: Bridge City Sound, Catalinbread, more.
    ha, looks like i live near you, saw that on CL today.

5. ilikebass7

ilikebass7

Sep 7, 2008
    Nice! What basses do you play? price is negotiable if your interested in that pickup!