1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

MEC twin jazz wiring for toggle switch

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Stewart13, Dec 21, 2020.

1. Stewart13

Stewart13 Supporting Member

Jan 8, 2016
    Bend, Oregon
    Hello folks,

Last month I acquired a '99 custom shop Warwick Dolphin 5-string. A couple weeks ago I popped in an Aguilar OBP-2 along with a toggle switch for the twin jazz. I thought everything was working as it should but I felt it sounded slightly different. I have now realized each coil of the twin jazz is working independently depending on the position I have the toggle switch in, but not in full/together as it should... here is the diagram I got ahold of long ago when I initially had the question of how to wire the twin jazz to a toggle switch. I followed it exactly. The picture with the annotations is the one I received, the other one is my wiring... any input from other wiring/electronics nerds would be greatly appreciated!

IMG_0793.jpeg IMG_6532.jpeg

2. Stewart13

Jan 8, 2016
    Bend, Oregon
    Figured it out. I need an ON-ON-ON switch. The switch I’m using is ON-ON.

3. Benthebassist

Benthebassist

Jan 14, 2020
    Hey Stewart!

do you have the exact model you used? I have a Warwick bootsy with a twin jazz in the bridge I want to add a switch in for so would be good to know! Is it as simple as just having an ON/ON/ON switch

4. Stewart13

Jan 8, 2016
    Bend, Oregon
    On-On-On DPDT Mini Switch, Flat Bat - GOLD | Arkansas Musicworks | Reverb

Yep. Just wire it how I’ve wired mine and you’ll have a 3 way toggle for your MEC twin jazz!

5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Feb 26, 2021