1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Mechanical Failure

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by DieselKTM, Jul 29, 2017.

Tags:
  1. So last night... Typical Friday night gig... Rushing to set up for an 8PM start.

I start to play and my amp starts to fart at peaks. Im thinking, Compressor? Bad speaker? Bad preamp tube (just changed it), Amp just giving out (wt800) bad cable? Wireless? Battery? Guitar jack .... on and on.....
    Between sets im poking and pulling..... and then,

I notice the speaker grate (410 XST) is pushed tightly against the cabinet. I quickly pulled it out some with a screwdriver and its fixed.

Anybody ever experienced this? I'm thinking I should put some rubber spacers in there or something. Thoughts? How do you reinforce the cover?

saltydude likes this.
  2. hondo4life

hondo4life

Feb 29, 2016
    SC
    I just looked at a picture of the 410xst, and it is very tightly packed with that center tweeter. There appears to be no room for the foam blocks that are often placed between the speakers for the middle of the grate to rest on. I would guess you may have to space the entire grate out at the perimeter. Or, if it is bent inward, flip it around so bends away from the speakers.

DieselKTM likes this.
  3. Reedt2000

Reedt2000 Supporting Member

Apr 26, 2017
    Central New Jersey
    I wonder if you got longer screws could you use two of the screws that hold the tweeter in to also have rubber spacers?

DieselKTM and agedhorse like this.