Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Mecolodiacs or Universal Congress of...???

Discussion in 'Ask Mike Watt [Archived]' started by Mad Subwoofer, Oct 2, 2002.

1. Hey Watt;
    What up with ol' man Baiza these days? I loved his James Blood inspired Ornette-punk dearly? It was a treat to see you two playing together up here in the NW some years ago. I know that Sacharinne Trust regrouped or something...? I loved his ENEMY releases a whole darn lot; definitely one of my favs 6 stringers...
    Thanks pal;
    Chris Buck

2. watt

watt TalkBass Pro Supporting Member

hi,

I dig joe baiza much too and we go way back - I produced his first album in 1981 (sacc trust's "paganicons" on sst). back in january, he got married and turned fifty - proof you can start whenever to play an instrument. he started teaching himself when he was twentyseven. he's been playing w/saccharine trust these days but also has his own band going too (not sure what they're called now). I play w/him and sacc on the 19th in silver lake so I'll ask him there. it's a funny gig, they're doing all bowie songs while I do stooges w/nels cline! check out this link:

http://www.saccharinetrust.com

on bass, watt

3. on the subject of joe...
    i interviewed him in cincy during his last opera tour, and he mentioned a recording project he was in, or had done...a improv-noise-type thing...you were involved...and bob lee...but joe said that it was on a shelf, waiting for someone to put out.
    i know this isn't much info to go on, but will that ever see the light of day? or has it?

many thanks

benton

4. watt

watt TalkBass Pro Supporting Member

william,

no bob lee, just me and joe baiza improvising on a four track machine. it'll come out one day, I know. no plans in the immediate future though. god, we must've done that like ten years ago!

on bass, watt