Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Media/music player for XP.

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by odie, Sep 18, 2004.

1. odie

odie Supporting Member

Well I had a hard drive crap out on me. On it was the last version of Winamp before they went video multimedia crazy with AOL. I liked it ran well and liked the the interface.

So what is a good alternative. I like a low memory and low CPU (hog) since I game and listen to music.

Thanx all!! :bassist:

2. kserg

kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK
    wmp9 or 10 is fine

older winamp is good... but no video... (stay away from winamp3)

new winamp (5) is not bad... it acctually plays videos but doesnt hug memory as much as winamp3 which was HORABLE...

windows media player is fine though :D

IMO

Cheers

3. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    oldversion.com

'nuf said.

4. LajoieT

LajoieT I won't let your shadow be my shade...

Oct 7, 2003
    Western Massachusetts
    yep, I STILL use Winamp 2.8 along with a sweet skin that makes it look like a marshal stack (why won't someone make an Aguilar skin!!!) It barely uses any resources and plays most file types without problem (doesn't handle the files that use the advanced media rights encoded in them, but you can always install the new one too for when you have any of those) I've still got the installer file for 2.7 and 2.8 and they are small enough to e-mail if you can't find it on Oldversion.com