Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Medieval knights armor renaissance faire stuff

Discussion in 'For Sale: Other Stuff (Not bass related)' started by teej, Jan 19, 2006.

1. teej

teej

Aug 19, 2004
    Sheffield, AL 35660
    $175 + shipping for the whole lot

Bought this for a renaissance faire this past October. I only wore it for about 3 or 4 hours total. It's all in mint/like new condition, except for the tunic, which has a small grease stain at the bottom of the upper right quarter.
    • Full chainmail with coif (hood), stitched in the 4-in-1 pattern, stainless steel links.
    • Hand-forged "sugarloaf" helmet, 18 ga. steel with brass accents, hand-riveted, hand-made, etc.
    • Full-length tunic, quartered black-and-white, cotton
    • Claymore with sheath and belt
    • Fiberglass shield (made by yours truly), painted to match the tunic
    • Black vinyl gloves
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. lethargytartare

lethargytartare

Sep 7, 2004
    Chicago
    Dude -- GOTTA see pics of that! And what size person would it all fit??

3. teej

teej

Aug 19, 2004
    Sheffield, AL 35660
    It fits anyone up to a size 44 chest. I'm tall and skinny, so it fits me just fine. I'm at school right now, but I'll get some pics up ASAP.

4. teej

teej

Aug 19, 2004
    Sheffield, AL 35660
    These stock photos are the best I can do right now.

5. teej

teej

Aug 19, 2004
    Sheffield, AL 35660
    Fresh pics!

6. Oh... its just a flesh wound! :p

7. Folmeister

Folmeister Knowledge is Good - Emile Faber Supporting Member

May 7, 2003
    Tomball, Texas
  8. teej

teej

Aug 19, 2004
    Sheffield, AL 35660
    I didn't know you were called "Dennis."

But seriously guys...

9. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Do you have the shrubbery to go with it?

10. I guess ill give a free bump with this...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    1st soldier with a keen interest in birds: Who goes there?
    King Arthur: It is I, Arthur, son of Uther Pendragon, from the castle of Camelot. King of the Britons, defeater of the Saxons, Sovereign of all England!
    1st soldier with a keen interest in birds: Pull the other one!
    King Arthur: I am, and this is my trusty servant Patsy. We have ridden the length and breadth of the land in search of knights who will join me in my court at Camelot. I must speak with your lord and master.
    1st soldier with a keen interest in birds: What? Ridden on a horse?
    King Arthur: Yes!
    1st soldier with a keen interest in birds: You're using coconuts!
    King Arthur: What?
    1st soldier with a keen interest in birds: You've got two empty halves of coconut and you're bangin' 'em together.
    King Arthur: So? We have ridden since the snows of winter covered this land, through the kingdom of Mercia, through...
    1st soldier with a keen interest in birds: Where'd you get the coconuts?
    King Arthur: We found them.
    1st soldier with a keen interest in birds: Found them? In Mercia? The coconut's tropical!
    King Arthur: What do you mean?
    1st soldier with a keen interest in birds: Well, this is a temperate zone
    King Arthur: The swallow may fly south with the sun or the house martin or the plover may seek warmer climes in winter, yet these are not strangers to our land?
    1st soldier with a keen interest in birds: Are you suggesting coconuts migrate?
    King Arthur: Not at all. They could be carried.
    1st soldier with a keen interest in birds: What? A swallow carrying a coconut?
    King Arthur: It could grip it by the husk!
    1st soldier with a keen interest in birds: It's not a question of where he grips it! It's a simple question of weight ratios! A five ounce bird could not carry a one pound coconut.
    King Arthur: Well, it doesn't matter. Will you go and tell your master that Arthur from the Court of Camelot is here?
    1st soldier with a keen interest in birds: Listen. In order to maintain air-speed velocity, a swallow needs to beat its wings forty-three times every second, right?
    King Arthur: Please!
    1st soldier with a keen interest in birds: Am I right?

I would love to wear that at a show though...It would shine brilliantly in the lights...

11. teej

teej

Aug 19, 2004
    Sheffield, AL 35660
    Darn, I thought this was actually getting some buyer interest.

12. Sippy

Sippy

Aug 1, 2005
    Stuart,Florida
    Oh many I collective that kinda stuff... but I had too much already... and no cash.... but that looks like really high quality stuff. Any idea on shipping? .. I may be interested

13. teej

teej

Aug 19, 2004
    Sheffield, AL 35660
    It is indeed high quality stuff. It's all hand-made here in the USA -- none of that Chinese import stuff. The sword is Pakistani, though. Shipping would be a bit complicated as I would have to ship it all in 3 seperate packages, and that's only because to ship it all would require a box big enough to accomodate the width of the shield and length of the sword. Factor in the weight of all this gear (60 pounds), and you've got an oversized package that would be billed as 90 pounds and cost ~$120 to ship.

EDIT:
    Ran some sample UPS Ground quotes to ZIP 92630 (my hometown - El Toro, CA).
    Shield (oversized, billed as 30 pounds ~$30; helm and mail ~$40; sword, gloves, tunic ~$18.