Medium Combo

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by joshsmog, Jun 25, 2004.

1. i need a combo around 100 watts maybe even less for a choir band thing, how many watts do you think ill need.
  2. oh ive had my eye on a behringer combo i forget which one, its 120 watts and has a tiltback design. I want something around the same price as that because i have to buy it before school starts cause I really don't wanna lug my yba200 and a 1x15 cab to school everytime there a practice or mass. I want a combo i can leave there without a lot of worry, and i dont wanna be saving up all summer either. so can anyone name off some cheap as hell combos loud enough to cut in a choir band that has 2 guitarists or more being amplified 1 drummer and a whole bunch of people singing?
  3. this is the combo i was thinking about, gonna test it out and see how loud it will go and how the tone is this weekend maybe.

4. bump, need some ideas on what to get.
  5. wideload

Apr 15, 2004
    I had a similar situation, with a 75 watt x 15" amp at church so i didn't have to bring in the bi-amped beast every Sunday! I thought it would be OK for the job. The problem was the little amp just couldn't cut the low notes. I went with a Peavey Bam 210 that CAN do the job, I just try to keep the level in balance. I really like having a good tone on stage, and I'm in the PA for support if the soundman thinks it needs it. Just a thought.

6. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    Endorsing Artist: see profile

200 watt 1x12 Ashdown MAG made in England...

I've got 2 of them I won't be using after next weeked
  7. so you gonna be selling them? how much?
  8. xb100

Mar 24, 2004
    NH, In
    Check into the fender rumble 100 100watt 15' speaker. Probly a heck of a lot better than the behringer quality wise anyways.
  9. DaBassman

Mar 25, 2002
    Oneonta, NY
    check out a Gallien Krueger MB150.
  10. lo-freq

lo-freq aka UFO

Jan 19, 2003
    The Republic of Texas
    SWR WorkingMan 12
  11. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    I PMed you :bassist: I just ditched the "more used" one at my singers and grabbed the Peavey Microbass 3 I had there for writing sessions (might sell that too).

Let me know... I'm gonna post the better one in classifieds after I hear back from you I think