Medium scale 5-string flatwound High C set options

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by b3e, Feb 28, 2018.

1. b3e

b3e

Sep 5, 2017
    Warsaw, Poland
    Hi, I was recently looking for strings for a build of mine, which is a 5-string fretless model, with a 33" scale. I'm planning to string it up with flatwound strings with a high C, but to be honest, can't really find a set in such a configuration available. I haven't had a problem with finding roundwounds (like the Fodera H0gh-C medium set), but flats are non-existent for some reason. Am I missing something, or is such a config highly unusual?

Tonewise, I'm looking for a rather woody character (being used to a TI Jazz Flats or La Bellas). I would appreciate any input or recommendation if there is a set around that would do the job.

2. SLaPiNFuNK

SLaPiNFuNK Inactive Commercial User

Jul 28, 2006
    LA California
    The Brains: FretNation.com
    4 string medium scale set and a long scale single high c. Long scale c will work as it's so thin. Only la bella makes a medium scale high c and really you can use any...

3. b3e

b3e

Sep 5, 2017
    Warsaw, Poland
  4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 22, 2021