1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Medium Scale String recommendation

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by rojo412, Oct 1, 2010.

1. rojo412

rojo412 Sit down, Danny... Supporting Member

Feb 26, 2000
    Cleveland, OH.
    Stuck at work, so I have time to shop, but figure that I should ask...

Just picked up an Aria TSB and it's 32" scale. The strings on it are the wrong length. I know there are a lot of strings out there to buy, but less for shorter scale.
    I want to buy some strings tonight at Guitar Center. Don't really want to go nuts, but want a decent string in Medium scale.

What should I buy?

2. Well, GC will most likely NOT have medium (or short scale for that matter) strings. Most retailers won't, and if they do they charge an arm and a leg for them.
    Your best bet would be to go to www.juststrings.com or www.bpstrings.com. Both sites carry probably a variety of medium strings. D'Addario and GHS both make medium string sets in most of their string types. Good luck!

3. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 6, 2021