1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Meesa tink dis-a sux big poodoo

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by hover, Sep 29, 2010.

1. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Has anything ever been milked more?

bc

2. middlebit

middlebit

Sep 10, 2005
    København
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

3. Hi.

He tried to with Indiana Jones. Spectacular fail that didn't go un-noticed. The SP episode(s) that deals with it is great :D.

As for other fields of life, all sorts of TV talent shows and "reality-series" shows don't fall too far behind.

Regards
    Sam

4. I am surprised that he hasn't made episodes 7-9 yet.

lowsound

5. PSPookie

PSPookie Supporting Member

Aug 13, 2006
    Lubbock, TX
    Yer mom.

6. hover

hover

Oct 4, 2008
    Massachusetts
    No kidding. Thing is, at this point I don't even think it is a precious commodity for George. There's no merit left to it artistically. There is no call for further refinement. Man has been out of ideas for a very long time...so, let's hop on the bandwagon. I don't remember ever hearing anyone ask for this. AT LEAST, he is starting with the Phantom Menace. His ego has gotten in the way of reality, and this move will bite him in the ass with low attendance, since it's one of the more if not the most reviled of the series.

Just. stop. already.

7. This +1.

8. crucislancer

crucislancer Supporting Member

Dec 25, 2009
    Coeur d'Alene, ID
    Well, my kids will be happy, they love the movies but never had the chance to see any of them on the big screen. Yup, he's milking it for all it's worth, and it's worth a lot of money, but like was mentioned before who hasn't milked a cash cow?

9. MonetBass

MonetBass ♪ Just listen ♫ Supporting Member

Sep 15, 2006
    Tulsa, OK
    The 3D versions of these movies will suck. Why? Because adding 3D to a film after the fact makes the 3D look terrible. Just look at the latest "Clash Of The Titans" as a good (bad?) example. Stop the madness, please. :rollno:

10. hover

hover

Oct 4, 2008
    Massachusetts
    But..but...I read one of the Lucasfilm cronies stating:

John Knoll made clear that his company doesn’t intend to put out a sub-par 3-D conversion. Some conversions done in a rush have turned off moviegoers and critics.

“Getting good results on a stereo conversion is a matter of taking the time and getting it right,” Knoll said in a statement. “It takes a critical and artistic eye along with an incredible attention to detail to be successful. It is not something that you can rush if you want to expect good results. For ‘Star Wars’ we will take our time, applying everything we know both aesthetically and technically to bring audiences a fantastic new ‘Star Wars’ experience. Bbbbbuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrpppppppppppppppppppp”

11. Marlat

Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    At the end of the day they are his movies and not the fans (despite what many fans may think). If he wants to turn them into the Kiss of the movie world then why not? Nobody forces you to go and see them.

12. hbarcat

hbarcat Supporting Member

Aug 24, 2006
    Rochelle, Illinois
  13. I really don't know how to feel about this. 3D isn't all that big a deal to me but to see ALL of the Star Wars movies in theatre... man that would be great.

14. Pilgrim

Pilgrim Supporting Member

It's called commerce. Go for it, George! Those who want to go will go. If it makes money, it's a success - if not, then not.

15. hover

hover

Oct 4, 2008
    Massachusetts
    And I won't be. Thanks.

16. LiquidMidnight

LiquidMidnight

Dec 25, 2000
    So Lucas is releasing essentially the same product to the public after all of these years? Meh, AC/DC has been doing that for a couple of decades now.

I'm with Pilgrim on this one. If he wants to try and more money off of his product, so be it.

17. The subtitle for this "news" item should be "How to save $60 and 12 hours of your life".

18. MakiSupaStar

MakiSupaStar The Lowdown Diggler

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    lame

19. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 6, 2021