Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Meet Samuel

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Tim Cole, Dec 19, 2003.

1. Tim Cole

Tim Cole

Jun 12, 2002
    Findlay, Ohio
    Well, being that we just lost our dog, I'm still not sure this was the right decision to do so this early. For most of you know, I had to do the hardest thing I have had to do in my life last night, I put my dog to sleep whom was suffering from a bad terminal illness. Both Kris and I had a really bad night, she didn't sleep at all, she laid in bed crying all night. We had decided a while back, that we did want to give another dog a chance at a good home. After talking to my Mom this morning, she suggested I go ahead and get a pup. I got a paper, and found a new litter of Golden Retrievers for sale.

I feel like it is the right thing to do, and am glad to give a nice dog a great home. He is just 6 weeks old, and man he is a handfull already.

I know spence could NEVER be replaced, and that isn't my intentions in the least bit. I do believe investing your love into a new friend can help the healing process. He's untying my shoe as I type........this ought to be fun.

I really hope that Kris is going to be emotionally ready for this, I know it is a big step in a fast way, but I really believe it can help us both learn to live with the way things have gone. Hopefully my surprise for her when she gets home pleases her.

*Sigh* he's now trying to nurse off my rottweiler, a MALE one.

Gotta go make a run for some puppy chow, and some fresh chew toys.

[​IMG]

2. Matthew Bryson

Matthew Bryson Guest

Jul 30, 2001
    Congratulations! Sounds like you have your hands full.

I'm planning on getting a puppy around the 1st of the year (I know some folks that have a litter of black lab / golden lab pups that aren't ready to leave mom 'till then)

You'll have to come back to this thread and let us know how the Mrs. likes the pup. (I'll bet she falls in love - just look at him!) I tjhinkt this'll help you guys move on. let us know how it's going and what the wife thinks - and what you name him too.

EDIT - Never mind, you named him Samual. :bassist:

3. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    i hate it when that happens! :D

let me know if you have problems with "submissive urination", i have been working with my insecure adult Husky on this. it happens with insecure adults and lil' cute puppies.

that doggie is so cute! :)

4. Thor

Thor Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Why do you inquire? That sounds pretty personal to me!

================================
    Tim,

Congrats, your s/o will take about 15 seconds to bond with that bad boy!

When we lost our standard poodle 4 years ago, I didn't want another dog. My wife went ahead and got another one 3 months later. It is not the same dog at all, the new one is just as wacky as can be, but I bonded with it to.

t

5. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    :spit:

:D ;)

you wait, buddy - March is coming up!

;)

6. Thor

Thor Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

I am registering under a fake name since you made that comment about the bullet!

With a BULLET !
    fz

We can't be meeting like this anymore, we are going to have to start our own personal WAR thread! Back to Tim's new dog, Slo-pizz-Yanko

7. Tim Cole

Tim Cole

Jun 12, 2002
    Findlay, Ohio
    Well, things couldn't of gone better. When I got home from town for puppy food and chew toys, Kris was home. She was sitting in her room checking her mail, so when I came in the door, I told her I went Christmas shopping today. She had asked what I got, and I brought Sam around the corner and asked "are you willing to meet a new friend?" She couldn't have jumped out of her seat any faster, tears of joy. We of course miss Spence immensely, but am glad to have him as a new part of our life.

8. Matthew Bryson

Matthew Bryson Guest

Jul 30, 2001
    :D :D :D

9. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    wow, tim, congrats. he's a great looking pup, sounds like he'll be a lot of fun too. it's good that he seems to be trying to bond with your other dog - sometimes when a pet dies the other pets have a hard time dealing with it too - this will be therapy of sorts for the rot too, i imagine.

when my wife's cat ellenor died after being with her for over 16 years it was really hard for her, and me too.

then along came stanley to our door :D since ellenor was a stray that found barbara and stayed with her, the fact that stanley did the same was very important. the two cats couldnt' be more different, but stanley does a great job of filling without replacing.

10. cassanova

cassanova

Sep 4, 2000
    Florida
    Thats a really good looking dog Tim. I hope he brings you as many if not more years of enjoyment as your last one did.

11. That's absolutely great, Tim. :)

You know I think Spence is looking down on you guys and wagging her tail. If she could speak she'd probably tell you that life IS for the living. ;)

She's in a better place now so don't worry about her.

A happy ending.

Mike

12. Nick Gann

Nick Gann Talkbass' Tubist in Residence

Mar 24, 2002
    Silver Spring, MD
    [​IMG]
    ***!!!!cuteness overload!!!!***

I'm glad that you have found something to ease the pain you guys are going through. Like John said, filling without replacing. And now you get the funnest part all over again!! PUPPYHOOD!!

13. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    That dog was born to be a clutz. I can just see it now...

its cute though.

14. Eric Cioe

Eric Cioe

Jun 4, 2001
    Missoula, MT
    Looks a little like Embellisher, doesn't it? ;)

15. Tim Cole

Tim Cole

Jun 12, 2002
    Findlay, Ohio
    Ohhhh, the nightmares of training a pup!

He's doing really well, but as soon as we get the chewing, and peeing spell over, I'll be a happy man.

16. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    oh
    crazy

it looks like my mutt

and his name is sam

17. Essexbass

Essexbass

Nov 8, 2003
    Reading, U.K.
    That is one cool looking dawg :cool:

Hope you have many happy moments together! :)

Cheers,
    Essexbass.

18. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    Tim -

Wow....great, wonderful news, I'm so happy to hear that Kris reacted so happily.

Sam looks like a great pup, and I'm sure he will be a typical Golden happy handful.

I'm very happy, and I'm sure that Mike J is right: If Spence could tell you, she'd say that you did the right thing.

Right now I'm a combination of :D and :bawl:

....bet this is better than a Bongo! ;)

19. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

HEY!:mad: I'm not that cute!:D

Congrats, Tim. I wish you and Kris many happy years of friendship with Sam.

20. Scott D

Scott D

Apr 21, 2003
    Minneapolis, MN
    [​IMG]