Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Meet the Familly!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by john turner, Sep 27, 2000.

1. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    well, since i got a new bass this past weekend, i figured i'd put up my first familly pics. :D the new one is the dark one next to my doubleneck.

[​IMG]

now all i need is the 8 string fretted and the hollowbody. geeze, i wish bill would hurry up already :(.

2. Damn John :eek:! I bet all those basses together cost more than my house! The new one looks sweet though, but it's nothin compared to my MIA Fender :rolleyes:

3. Mr. Turner.. :eek: I've got a question.. Umm.. how big are your hands?? I still don't understand how you can play all those strings.. The fretboard at the nut must be atleast as wide as the fretboard at the body joint on my 4 strings. :eek: :rolleyes: :eek:

But.. damn.. those all look REALLY nice! is that your house in the background? :rolleyes: I cannot see past all that recording equipment :eek:

Oh yeah, and nice cat too :p

William

4. Anybody else around here wonderin' why we can't find a decent stand, strings, cables or wood for our projects!!!

It's all over at John's house. I think CNN reported a slight shift in the earths axis last week. What do you know about that JT?? :crossed arms, tapping foot:

5. eli

eli Mad showoff 7-stringer and Wish lover Supporting Member

Dec 12, 1999
    NW suburban Chicago
    You mind me askin' what is the financial engine that supports this habit? (and is sending Bill's kids thru college)

Whatever it is, it's what I wanna be when I grow up...

6. john turner

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    hwk2 - my hands are actually pretty small - my middle finger is about 3" long from tip to where it joins my palm, and my pinkie is only 2" long. i've found that holding the bass at about a 45 degree angle, and keeping my wrist only slightly bent, i'm able to reach everything i need to, by moving my elbow forward and back.

hammy - pleading the 5th :eek: :D

eli - just the occasional web development job ($40 - $60 an hour). nothing fancy. then again, you should see my car. :eek:

7. CamMcIntyre

CamMcIntyre

Jun 6, 2000
    USA
    Hey John your serious your middle finger & pinky are that small? Just measured them my middle is 3 3/4inches long while my pinky is an even 3inches, my index is about 31/2inch. Gotta Say Like the basses alot. Double Neck is still my favorite one of yours though :D Web developement...so thats where the money is. oh well my dad is gonna have a fun time with my college bills, i'm going for about 6yrs to become an optometrist. Thats all

8. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    Ya mean ...the Camaro? :D

9. furtim

furtim

Dec 12, 1999
    Boston, MA, USA
    And to think that my parents COMPLAIN about me being on this bloody thing all the time. =) Here you are getting paid $40-$60 an hour for web development. I'm gonna quote you on that okay? =)

10. JT: Here's a stumper...which one is your fav? :) Conklin calls those "melted tops", right? Great linup, man! <p>
    BTW, Do those cats have claws? I caught mine trying to use my SWR cab as a scratching post! I came close to skinning that cat!

11. JerryH

JerryH

Dec 13, 1999
    Helsinki, Finland
    HI JT,

Some nice family you got there - one super nice kitten - grooooovy!!! Is this place in downtown Atlanta - man, how about the neighbours - I'll bet you have a drummer next door and some other musicians on the other side!!!

Greeting from sunny Helsinki,
    JerryH

12. Acacia

Acacia

Apr 26, 2000
    Austin, TX
    damn, those are hideous!

is your cat named conklin, too?

is that a mullet?

poor rain forests.

nice mixing board table. oak?

:D:D:D:D:D:D

13. john turner

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    i think so. man that table ROCKS!! i got it for $50 at goodwill. thing takes 3 people to move.

14. john turner

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    hey jerry!

good to see you here. there are actually 3 cats in the pic, can you spot them all? :D

my house is by Six Flags, to the west of atlanta, sorta central to the 3 other guys in my band.

15. john turner

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    actually, dude, if you get microsoft certified and sun certified in java/javascript, you can pull upwards of $75 an hour easy, with asp development and such, depending on where you are.

16. john turner

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    i wish. i can't afford a good mullet mobile.

17. Acacia

Acacia

Apr 26, 2000
    Austin, TX
    i almost forgot. NO 4 stringers? One of the local shops has one. perhaps I will try it next time i am there.

18. "now all i need is the 8 string fretted and the hollowbody. geeze, i wish bill would hurry up already"

hmm... maybe bill´s afraid of what will happen if he makes you 2 more basses! you could use them to start World War 3!!

:D

19. Doug

Doug

Apr 5, 2000
    Buffalo, N.Y.
    John, nice fam!!
    Love the two tone fretboard on your 8!

Honestly your hands are that small???!!
    Don't worry, no forthcoming jokes.;)

I guess I don't have any excuses to try one now!
    Thanx!!:mad:
    Just when I was ready to purchase a MIA Jazz fretless.

20. I don't think you have enough gear!!! Am I too old to be adopted??