1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Meeting Edgar Meyer?

Discussion in 'Bassists [DB]' started by Brandon Tuomiko, Mar 18, 2009.

1. Brandon, I just can't believe what you have accomplished here in our little community. It IS truly astoundng. I've tried to get mad, but I just can't.
    I'm just waiting here, like Marcus and ALL the rest, holding my breath.
    As far as the stuff with our Edgar....if you were old enough, all you would have to do is offer him a few imported beers. They would help him get through your time together.

2. Marcus Johnson

Marcus Johnson

Nov 28, 2001
    Maui
    "BRANDON.... HAS LEFT THE BUILDING...."

Weird... if you check out his profile over at Ken's site, he complains that he was being called "Ken in disguise" over here, as if that were an insult to Ken. Completely missing the point... our collective imagining of our knowledgeable friend hunched over the PC, cloaked in his guise as a clueless teenage tyro from the heartland, giggling maniacally as he came back to TB for one last, covert, mass punking. I love the image. :D

3. Brandon can't possibly be Ken Smith because he lavished great praise on my bass for sale. Now Ken, owning several master doublebasses wouldn't be so quick to praise a simple non-labelled Yankee. I mean, you gotta hand it to this guy, he has kicked up quite a plume of dust since he showed up. Kind of amazing when you consider some of the oversized personalities that have graced the halls of TB. I find it fascinating. His choice of words and syntax are raw unwashed genius. He can say something in just such a way that will really get under people's skin! I keep thinking of him having a lesson with Edgar (a pretty straight arrow). I think I would pay money for the tape.

4. #):mathias

#):mathias

Dec 18, 2008
    Crestone, CO
    Y'all are prolly done with this thread, but it's cleared up some things and enlightened me too. Edgar, or shall I say, Mr. Meyer, doesn't use a fiberglass bow, plays solo gauge strings, has an interesting bow hold, plays an old Italian with position markers, and has the love and respect of many players...thanks for the YouTube links.

5. BlueRain43

BlueRain43

Jan 31, 2009
    Marcus Johnson said:

"Pretty good, not great. I'm better."

Really? Where can we hear you? Do you have any videos or mp3s on the web somewhere?

6. bassbuddie

bassbuddie

Jan 8, 2003
    Montreal
    Hi BlueRain43, You problably did not follow the Saga of Brandon, but as you can see, he has been banned. Marcus was only joking. He is very good, by the way.

7. Marcus kicks Edgar's arse. I know both these guys.
    Not only that, he's a much better person than Eddie (I call him Eddie. Eddie calls ME Unca Pee.) could EVER hope to be.
    What's MORE, Marcus lives in HAWAII!

(If you wanna try another post with a quote, we can teacha how to use the quote feature.)

8. To quote Miles: "Gimme an arse-hole who can play."

Edit: Thanks for the clean-up, Durrl.
    You missed that other "arse" in my other post. You're good, but NOT very thorough.

9. Marcus Johnson

Marcus Johnson

Nov 28, 2001
    Maui
    Oh fer godssake. It's a joke.:rollno:

If I were worthy, I'd crawl naked through fifty yards of broken glass just to sniff the tires on the truck that hauls Edgar's garbage away.

10. Thanks for THAT image, Marcus.

Back to therapy I go. :hyper:

11. BlueRain43

BlueRain43

Jan 31, 2009
    You're right.. I hadn't been following the "Saga of Brandon" you mention...

And I fell for it! How gullible I am.. LOL

My apologies, Marcus..

12. :D

Welcome to the club, Blue.

13. Marcus Johnson

Marcus Johnson

Nov 28, 2001
    Maui
    It's cool.... stepped right in it....on your first post! At least that's out of the way... :D Welcome to TB.

Edgar used to come out here quite a bit, for the Contrabass Fests and performances. Really a nice, down-to-earth guy. He seems like a guy that might have come over to do some handy work..... until he picks up the bass. :eek:

14. BlueRain43

BlueRain43

Jan 31, 2009
    Thanks..

I had the opportunity of seeing Edgar and Mike Marshall play here in Alabama last weekend...They both had flames shooting from their fingers... I had never seen them play live before. 'twas impressive..