1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Mega shootouts

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Laurent, Feb 25, 2016.

1. Laurent

Laurent Supporting Member

May 21, 2008
    Napa, California
    Maybe I am dating myself or having a bout of nostalgia but I really miss the huge shootouts that used to be posted here. To be fair, I must give credit to Tom Bowlus for conducting these extravagant tests.
    I still remember vividly his 112 or 210 shootouts that would often incorporate 10 cabs or so.

I understand this might not be a format that is appropriate for the amazing Bass Gear Magazine but I still miss getting that kind of 360 view of what's available for a category of product.

Am I the only one missing these mega shootouts?

cheu78 and GregC like this.
  2. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    Yeah, those were fun, for sure! I do have to admit that working on Bass Gear Magazine has kind of absorbed a lot of my time, and also made me more detail oriented, but I miss doing those, as well.

I also miss the annual Bowlus Bass Borg GTG I used to have in my basement. However, I am bringing it back! Or something like it. I helped arranged to have David Ellefson (Megadeth) come speak to the music students at our local college, and the plan is to have a Bass Borg GTG at the same time (at the college). In future years, this will hopefully be a full-fledged music/gear expo, but this year should be fun, as well. It will take place on Friday, April 15th, and I'm hoping to have a bunch of basses and rigs for folks to check out.

cheu78, bassvirtuoso, Laurent and 2 others like this.