Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Megadeth calls it quits

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by camoe, Apr 5, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. camoe

camoe

Sep 7, 2001
    Lafayette, CO
    Sadly enough, Megadeth has decided to call it quits after 20 years of thrashing. I for one will sorely miss their music, no-compromise attitude, and fantastic heavy riffs. Not to mention, Dave Elliffson's superb bass playing within the context of a thrash band. Let's also hope that Dave Mustain's nerve injury to his left hand gets better so he can contribute more music to the world. "Rust In Peace" Megadeth.

Peace Out!

2. yeah, we know, there was a thread about it already a few days ago......Nice signature though!

3. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    I didn't know! Must have missed that thread somehow.....anyway, that sucks. I saw them live on the last tour, which spawned the 2cd set I think, good show! I can't say much for the last few studio albums, but they were always a great live thrash band.

4. Tyler Dupont

Tyler Dupont Wesly Headpush

:D good. They should have got a different singer right from day 1.

5. camoe

camoe

Sep 7, 2001
    Lafayette, CO
    I actually liked his singing style. Granted, he wouldn't be asked to sing for anyone else and I doubt that he will go down as a great singer but his growly, angry sound fits well with the music. Plus, its one of the few bands that I can sing along with and actually sound good...wait...maybe that says something about my singing.

Peace

6. cassanova

cassanova

Sep 4, 2000
    Florida
    this same thread was done not to long ago. no need for 2 of them.

And seeing that its more about the break up of the band instead Dave Elliffson it should be in Miscelanious.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.