Megadeth is back!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by vbass, Jun 19, 2004.

1. vbass

May 7, 2004
    Bay Area, CA
    Looks like they're going to be releasing a new studio album called: The System Has Failed. They released the track "Kick The Chair" as a teaser. Check it out:

Reminds me a lot of Rust In Peace, so I'm pumped to see how the album turns out.
  2. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Sight better than St. Anger, that's fo' dern sure.
  3. vbass

May 7, 2004
    Bay Area, CA
    There's no comparison, IMO. :D
  4. This info has been out for a while...

No Ellefson bassist.

From what i read online with Dave Mustaine interviews is that alot of the songs on this new album is unfinnished work from between "Killing is my Business" to "Peace Sells" with some new stuff.
    Ive always been a big fan of Megadeth and have been eagerly awaiting this album for a while...i think they said late summer release.
  5. neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    umm, no ellefson? uhh...

great to hear that mustaine is doing the megadeth thing again, but ellefson has been with mustaine since the beginning...just seems a little weird
  6. Dave Asked him to come back apparantly...but Ellefson is busy doing other work i read.

But some good news..Chris Poland is back on guitars this album i thats kinda cool.
  7. vbass

May 7, 2004
    Bay Area, CA
    Yeah, exactly Ellefson is busy signing all of his ****** bands. :p
    But Poland being back is cool, Peace Sells was a great album.

Edit: usage agreement
  8. Anyone ever hear Polands solo stuff after he left 'Deth?

Its really bizzare...kinda like uhh weird...i dunno how else to explain it...not what you would expect someone to do as a solo effort comming from one of the biggest metal bands ever.

If anyone is interested he has clips on his site.
  9. pigpen02

Mar 24, 2002
    I dig it. Got the first solo disc when it came out, and was lucky enough to catch his tour supporting the damn the machine album. Really nice guy, invited me back to the bus after the show, signed some stuff, sat and talked a bit.

I haven't been a megadeth fan since my teens, but might check this 'un out just for Poland's contributions.
  10. Mudfuzz

Apr 3, 2004
    Well it's about ******* time!

Edit: usage agreement
  11. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
  12. ironmaidenisgod

May 20, 2004
    Does it sound like 'Risk'?

If it does I'm not getting it.
  13. jawzzz

May 23, 2003
    Denver Colorado
    This is the best news I have ever heard. Megadeth has been one of my inspirations to play since day one.

The world is now a better place with Megadeth back. :bassist: :D
  14. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Y'know, I keep hearing Mustaine's voice is an "aquired taste" but I'm sitting here going "What's to aquire about it?"
  15. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    You either like his voice or you don't.

No Ellefson? Ouch, that sucks. I thought Dave said he was done with Megadeth since his hand injury. I use to own every Megadeth CD, but they were stolen. :spit: I need to get some more Deth.

Oh, and Brendan, compared to some of the singers in the bands you like, Mustaine sings like an angel. ;)
  16. Fred312b

Fred312b What if I want to play jazz precisely? Supporting Member

Apr 23, 2002
    Chicago, IL
    two words... suh weet. it sucks that ellefson's not with him though- he's a badass. maybe they'll get together later though... good old megadeth... :bassist: :bassist: :bassist:
  17. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Hey, vocals in death metal are like Playboy... I read it for the articles. :D
  18. vbass

May 7, 2004
    Bay Area, CA
    It doesn't sound like Risk man, but it takes me back to Rust In Peace. I'm def getting that vibe from the song. Who knows what the whole album will sound like though....

I was bummed to hear that Ellefson wasn't coming back this time too. I bought my mackie off of him when megadeth broke up 2 years ago and I need to find him and get my money back for that POS. :D

Apparantly he (Dave) will awnser emails if you send them to him.
    Ive been wanting to send Dave and email for a long time now..just cant think of a question.

I wouldnt be a good repeorter. :smug: