Megadeth or Metallica

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by d8g3jdh, Oct 24, 2005.

1. Megadeth

29 vote(s)
  2. Metallica

45 vote(s)
  3. They both suck

10 vote(s)
  4. That's like asking a mom to choose her favorite kid!

14 vote(s)
  1. d8g3jdh

d8g3jdh Guest

Aug 9, 2005
    The name says it all, which do you prefer? And please dont say megadeth because metallica sold out, this pertains purely to which bands music sounds better in your ear

For me, early metallica eaks out megadeth just a little, but later metallica blows. When i listen to Kill em' all or Master of Puppets i think Metallica is better, but then peace sells or Rust In peace makes me reconsider, so its tricky

Edit: And for the record, i think Rust In peace is way overrated, Peace sells blows it out of the water

Double Edit: The more i hear RIP, the more i like it. Still think Early metallica is better though

Opinions are welcome!
  2. protoz

Nov 30, 2000

Dave has some good tunes but not as many as Metallica has had
  3. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    Ehh, I guess I'll play along.

Metallica. Lot of cool songs and they put on an awesome live show. (I've seen them only twice--once with Jason, the second time with Robert)

And I simply cannot stomach Dave Mustaine. Flame away, Megadeth fans, but I am entitled to my opinion. He just annoys the living heck out of me.
  4. FenderHotRod

Sep 1, 2004
    That's like asking a mom to choose her favorite kid! that be the one I pick....
  5. D.A.R.K.

Aug 20, 2003
    early metallica for this old fart.
    dave mustaine is a huge whiner. i believe that may be known more than his bands' music.
  6. Jonki

Jonki I will not slap my Bee!

Oct 14, 2003
    Arendal, Norway
    early metallica

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

Long Live METALLICA :bassist: :bassist: :bassist: :bassist: Yeah !
  8. I view Metallica more as a gateway metal band, they're the first band everyone gets into in the genre... but eventually you have to discover things like Megadeth is better :smug:
  9. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Mustaine's vocals don't bother me, I picked Megadeth. Rust in Peace is 10x better than anything Metallica ever did. The band overall is way more talented.
  10. Kelly Lee

Kelly Lee Yeah, I'm a guy! Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2004
    Marana, AZ, USA
  11. I went with Megadeth - I enjoy almost all of their albums, whereas I'm at odds with around half of Metallica's catalogue. Taking both bands in their prime, though, then I do believe I would vote it a tie.
  12. Snarf

Jan 23, 2005
    New York, NY
  13. Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    You gotta be kidding!

Metallica totally destroys Megadeth.
  14. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

Everybody fails to mention "Killing is My Business and Business is Good!" Self-mocking and rockin' great album. No heavy trips.

Even Megadeth's heavy trips are less of a drag than Metallica's heavy trips.

So Megadeth it is.

Besides, Mustaine gave me an autographed picture of the band when we saw them in Cleveland in '84 or '85.
    Mustaine and Ellefson hung out with us after the show (we shared the "peace pipe") and they told us about their upcoming album: "Peace Sells..." and getting signed to a "major label".

Live, I've seen Megadeth 3 times...terrific!

Cliff Burton talked to us over the fence once at Pine Knob. Later that summer..RIP.
  15. seanm

seanm I'd kill for a Nobel Peace Prize! Supporting Member

Feb 19, 2004
    Ottawa, Canada
    Wow, now I feel old... I was listening to Judas Priest in the late 70s. I had never even heard of Metallica until the late 80s with "And Justice for All".

16. Metallica had a big impact on me when I first heard them, but overall I like Megadeth's material better. Grooves more.
  17. if I had to choose one catalog I would take the Metallica catalog but if I had to pick one *album* I would pick Rust in Peace!
  18. Johnny Fila

Johnny Fila Formerly "The Crusader"

Nov 21, 2004
    Elmont, NY (near NYC)
    I'm....undecided.....but Rust in Peace seems to make it more into my CD player than Master of Puppets
    Megadeth it is. :bassist: :bassist:
    "and now I must scream of the overdose and of the lack of mercy killings!"
  19. I can't really decide between the two my favorite metallica album is kill 'em all which was mostly dave mustain's work but megadeth doesn't have those epic songs like master, orion, fade to black, call of the ktulu. I like them both equally.

just a side note I think metallica would have been alot better had dave mustain had stayed with them and cliff not died...they would never have come out with garbage like st. anger does anyone share this opinion? what do you guys think?