1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Megadeth or metallica

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by txthrashking, Jan 16, 2012.

1. Megadeth is my second fav band but I wanna know if Metallica is worth more than most people (excluding myself) think.

2. i choose no. :meh:

why did i even enter the thread. :confused:

3. :/

4. UncleFluffy

UncleFluffy

Mar 8, 2009
    California
    Head Tinkerer, The Flufflab
    Hrm. Metallica sucked from their 4th album on, Megadeth from their 3rd ...

5. Discussions like this usually start civil and degrade into immature piles of mush.
    I'm staying out.

6. Anthrax.

7. Sinomis666

Sinomis666

Apr 16, 2011
    Megadeth win by default as "peace sells is the best sounding speed metal album of all time!

8. DeathFromBelow

DeathFromBelow Never Forget. Banned

Dec 23, 2010
    Horten, Norway
    Slayer. And Sadus.

9. LiquidMidnight

LiquidMidnight

Dec 25, 2000
    What's up with all of these music threads in OT?

...anyways, I vote Testament.

10. jabsys

jabsys

Mar 30, 2011
    UK
    Anthrax are better than both of them, I never like Megadeth or Dave Mustanes attitude.

11. Actium

Actium

Jan 15, 2011
    Seriously?

Testament is boring btw.

12. I will say this: Megadeth is still angry. I'm out now.

Peace,
    Greg

13. burk48237

burk48237 Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2004
    Oak Park, MI
    I can't imagine that, not with the level of sophistication of Metallica and Megadeath fans.:D

14. Alvaro Martín Gómez A.

Alvaro Martín Gómez A. TalkBass' resident Bongo + cowbell player

Metallica has some stuff that I like, but I've never been a fan of them. Although I'm not a die-hard Megadeth fan, I consider myself a fan anyway and enjoy most of their music. Actually, "Sweating Bullets" is one of the best metal songs ever in my book. :bassist:

15. Unrepresented

Unrepresented Something Borderline Offensive

Jul 1, 2006
    San Diego, CA
    At this point in my life, of the four mainstays of 80's thrash, Slayer is the only group I still find myself listening to.

I mostly credit that to Rick Rubin though.

16. steamthief

steamthief

Jan 25, 2006
    Mentone Beach
    I think Death Magnetic is Metallica's best album, and I've been listening to them since 1985. Again, Rick Rubin FTW. I KNOW I'm in the vast minority with this opinion.

17. Southpaw5

Southpaw5

Jul 18, 2009
    Boston
    Megadeth is still essentially metal but Metallica hasn't been metal for almost 20 years, the black album was their last remaining taste of metal. Honestly I think they should have changed their name after that one. What they are today has lost touch with Metal completely.

They are a rock-n-roll marketing tool now, they only seem to exist to try to make more money. I mean seriously there is no soul to anything they've put out for over 15 years, they're musical scum.

Now...

Megadeth vs. 1980's Metallica

That could be worthwhile

18. mpdd

mpdd neoconceptualist

Mar 24, 2010
    LA
    megadeth had a much better behind the music

19. Athiest

20. jmattbassplaya

jmattbassplaya Looking for a gig around East Islip, NY!

Jan 13, 2008
    Megadeth, to me, has had the better track record. I loved Killing is my Business, Peace Sells, parts of SFSGSW, Rust in Peace, Countdown, parts of Cryptic Writings, and Youthanasia. The guy just knows how to write really catchy, yet heavy, songs. Metallica I haven't cared for since MoP and maybe a few tracks on Black Album.