Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Megadeth "Rude awakening" live DVD

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by The Mock Turtle Regulator, Aug 26, 2002.

1. strangely in HMV it's priced at £12.99 - £1 less than the VHS version :confused:

anyway, I like it a lot- I've never heard "Mechanix" before, only Metallica's "the four horsemen".

the setlist is interestingly varied- a couple of songs off Cryptic Writings, but nothing off Risk;)

Al Pitrelli doesn't play the solos as marty friedman did, but brilliant bass throughout from David Ellefson - very tight playing- in comparision Steve Harris is a bit sloppy on the Iron Maiden Live after death video I have.

2. Hategear

Hategear Workin' hard at hardly workin'.

Apr 6, 2001
    Appleton, Swissconsin
    FWIW (and FYI), "Mechanix" is available on Megadeth's first release, Killing Is My Business... It's also on the CD version of Metallica's No Life 'Til Leather demo (which I have -- muah ha ha ha ha ha ha!).

Glad you liked it. Glad there was no Risk on it! ;)

3. camoe

camoe

Sep 7, 2001
    Lafayette, CO
    I have that DVD as well and yes it is very good. A good compiliation of their work and although Al doesn't have quite the soloing chops of Marty, I thought he did a pretty good job. On a side note, I think that Maiden's "Rock in Rio" DVD should be out soon as well...in the U.S. anyway...it might be out in the UK already.

Peace

4. "Rude Awakening" would have a perfect setlist if "Five magics" and "my last words" were on there too (the basslines:) )

re. Iron maiden Rock in Rio, the DVD's out here in the UK, but I'm not that keen on buying it as the songlist doesn't include the more prog album tracks- eg. "rhime of the ancient mariner" etc.

5. Char-Lee

Char-Lee

Aug 29, 2002
    Spokane, WA
    If you like Megadeth check out a new band in the process of finishing there new cd www.selflesmusic.com