Meh, I'm having one of those weekends...

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Steph Dawe, Aug 22, 2004.

1. ... where you try, and try, and try, but you just can't do it. :mad:

I've been practicing Teen Town all weekend, one-tenth of the speed it's at, and I still can't get the first bit down. Argh! :mad:

And my homework - I have my expository writing piece to chisel out before Friday and I can't finish anything. I get to 200 words and I have to stop because I feel like I'm going to repeat myself. :help:

After having a pretty phat week, this weekend's been kinda lame. Hopefully things pick up before the musical next weekend. :meh:

Carry on. :( :crying: :bawl: :crying: :(

2. Sonorous

Oct 1, 2003
    Denton, TX
    Teen town is a snap... funky town, now that is a hard song.
  3. kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK
    aaww... hug?

Today was kind of an off day... after nice week and good friday... weekend is beeeh...

So you are not alone

Good luck

4. nonsqtr

nonsqtr The emperor has no clothes!

Aug 29, 2003
    Burbank CA USA
    Are you right handed? Are you using your third finger, and your pinky? That's gotta be one of the best finger exercise tunes of all time. Hang in there, you'll get it. I had an epiphany when those "extra fingers" started getting involved. :)
  5. Yeah, maybe it's that.

Damn man, I can't even see the keyboard now. Two of the three globes in the light thing have blown. :mad:
  6. :(

Stop, relax and just breathe, think about your breathing and just forget about teh song for a couple of minutes. Then when you aren't mad about anything, calmly try again to play it :cool:
  7. Think of Pierce and all your problems will fade away.

8. Meh, maybe you just need a break. Happens to us all every so often, just step away from the bass, get new light globe things, and try again at the writing piece, but don't think of it as "gotta get this done for Friday", try instead, "I'm bored, I'm gonna write something." What's the piece on?

You don't meditate by any chance do you? Just a thought...
  9. Keep with it, you will get it eventually. Don't get frustrated, put the bass down and attack it later.
  10. I agree on all points. Maybe you should look to write this piece as a method of self-expression. If you try to write something that helps you to find out who you are in more depth and on a more meaningful way, you might find more purpose and clarity through it. Even if its just solidifying opinions or perspectives, by trying to make it more relevant to you and your life, it might come a little easier. Hell, it might even help you to have an epiphany. Sadly, I have had epiphanies through doing assignment work... :help:

11. Maybe you can vent your frustration at a cuddle party?
  12. Yeah. Yeah.... :smug:

It's an argument writing piece, I have to write something on any of the six topics given.... I've emailed my English teacher, so it's all good. :)

Damn man, everyone remembers my posts... :D
  13. Eyescream

Feb 4, 2004
    Knoxville, TN
    You may already know this and have done this, but I've found that it helps a lot to write an outline. Gets me to organize my thoughts and think more about what I'm trying to say and how I'm trying to say it.

But, you know, if you've already done that... carry on. :)
  14. I'm starting to like plans a lot more, especially with gigs, so I might adapt that to my writing.

Thanks. :D
  15. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    I'm with Leinad on the whole Teen Town thing. Take a break from it. Give it a few hours, or a couple days. Come back and you're fully refreshed, with a new perspective on it.
  16. CUDDLE PARTY? sorry for living in the dark and eating mushrooms but what, pretell, goes on at a...... Cuddle.... party??........... cuddling? :confused:
  17. Bard2dbone

Aug 4, 2002
    Arlington TX
    Use the search and remember 'erections happen.'
  18. Sonorous

Oct 1, 2003
    Denton, TX
  19. Eyescream

Feb 4, 2004
    Knoxville, TN
    Extensive planning is the root of all successful endeavors, I'm led to believe.
  20. Well, I took time out today to write my piece and I'm glad to say it's done, finished, outta the way. Great. :D Now all I have left to go now is the musical for the neighbouring school on Friday and Saturday, and my Spanish written exam on next Tuesday, and that'll be it. I'm not making any more committments, except maybe to go on holiday. Dunno how the school would like me doing that, but too bad. I've worked too damn hard lately, and I need a rest.

I'm very, very tired. :zzzzzzz: