1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Melissa Auf Der Maur Pickups

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by lowendpurveyor, Mar 27, 2009.

1. Does anyone know what pickups Melissa Auf Der Maur used on Celebrity Skin and live? I like the sound, it sounds warm and punchy while maintaining clarity! The Seymour Duncan website states that she uses Quarter Pounders but it doesn't particularly sound like it. She might have been using other pickups for those tracks and the QPs on others. Thanks.

2. wtf_is_a_bass

wtf_is_a_bass Guest

Aug 11, 2005
    Sydney, Australia
    Endorsing Artist: PiGLET picks
    Upon seeing your thread title, it seemed like there might be some kinda auf de maur signature pickups or something :eek: haha. Cuz that'd be cool.

To answer your question, to me they could sound like they are quarter-pounder-ish, and quarter pounders do fit your description (warm, punchy, clear). But i can also hear them as typical p pickups with a slight overdrive which brightened it up abit. Im probably wrong though. Im basing this on celebrity skin, they guitars may be masking the tone slightly. I havnt heard anything live.

But i agree, i love the tone. It suits the band sound perfectly. Its kinda the tone i wana acheive when i make a franken-jazz one day. :)

3. bmc

bmc

Nov 15, 2003
    Switzerland
    My wife used to baby sit Melissa when she was a little girl. Her dad Nick was a friend of ours back when. He's a known celebrity in Montreal. Has a street named after him. Google him.

There's another chick bass player from Montreal. Rhondo Smith being the other. Sass Jordan played bass in a bar band in Montreal, but fewer people know her.

Sorry for the hi-jack