Melissa AUf DU Mar

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by FreeSpirit, Aug 11, 2004.

1. i was wondering if anyne here has heard her new solo cd. i was wondering what i sounds like on a wole, and what the bass in it sound like..any response is helpfull.

2. The solo CD is awesome, but I'm not a big fan of her tone...
  3. bmc

Nov 15, 2003
    Meaningless trivia: my wife babysat her when she was 4. :)
  4. Don W

Don W

Jan 30, 2004
    East Bay, CA.
    +1 All the songs are really good, and I really like her voice, but the bass is kind of lost in the mix to me.

Still, its a great cd though.
  5. Well, the bass has a very good tone on the CD. I can pick it up right away, but, her live tone is iffy. But after all, this isn't your usually Jazz-standerds-and-fusion solo CD. She wrote all of the songs while she was in Hole, or the last tour of The Pumpkins, with a SG Gibson.
  6. Kurisu

Nov 19, 2003
    Saskatoon SK
    And it shows. Sounds like she's stuck in 1995 after listening to Siamese Dream.

...not that that's a bad thing, or anything... :)

7. ACTUALLY, If it's 1995, she would be have been listening to Mellon Collie And The Infinite Sadness. Siamese Dream was in 1993. Unless if it's the middle of summer in 1995, because then she would be listening to Pisces Iscariot which was released in 1994, but that doesn't count as an album...

uh.. back to MAdM

I beg to differ. I think it does have a pumpkins element to it, but it sounds really fresh.
  8. Kurisu

Nov 19, 2003
    Saskatoon SK
    You're right, I stand corrected.

It just seems like it's stuck in the early nineties to me. I dunno. Like there's a sadness to the songs I haven't heard in awhile and reminds me of that era.
  9. So what, we can't put a little Meloncholy (pun intended) into our songs, or it'll sound a little 90s?
  10. Kurisu

Nov 19, 2003
    Saskatoon SK
    No no, not at all. And I never meant it a bad thing. Just it just sounds very.. nostalgic, is all.

11. you dont consider pisces iscariot to be a real album?
  12. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    Isnt she that chinese Enya?
  13. Kurisu

Nov 19, 2003
    Saskatoon SK
  14. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    Sometimes Mike, you rule. :bassist:
  15. It's a collection of B-sides from the Gish and Siamese Dream sessions, and the way I hear it, it just doesn't really flow as a real album. I think of it as a counterpart to Siamese Dream.
  16. Gia

Feb 28, 2001
    she's a really cool lady and i adore her whole solo album, and all her previous work.

plus she drinks pints! :D and bought me one :cool: