1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Mellow roundwounds in six string set

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by punkjazzben, Jun 1, 2012.

1. punkjazzben

punkjazzben

Jun 26, 2008
    Australia
    Hi all,

It's time to change the strings on my Warwick 6er. They've been on for years, and I like a dull sound, but the C is probably about to snap and the A is dead.

I've just converted to flatwounds on my Precision because I prefer a more mellow sound. I'm not too keen on flatwounds for my Warwick, though I will take suggestions from those who use this setup personally.

So can anyone recommend a mellow set of roundwounds (or some other flavour of string even) that come in sets of six and will fit a Warwick bridge?

2. gary m

gary m

Jan 17, 2011
    Mid -Atlantic
    On my Douglas WOB 826 I'm using GHS Precision Flats, purchased through Carvin. I love the smooth feel and the old school tone of these strings ...plus they last forever!

If I had to recommend a softer sounding set of rounds, I'd probably have to vote for Pyramid Pure Nickel Roundwounds. They cost a bit more, but I've always found their products to be of superior quality. Their 962 100 set would be a good place to start in terms of gauge and tension.

Hope this helps. Good luck!