1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Mellowship Slinky in B Major

Discussion in 'Tablature and Notation [BG]' started by cheesemonkey, Mar 8, 2008.

1. anyone know the tabs for notes for this? My band director showed me a bit of the verse and I'm looking for the rest but all of them aren't correct (Its called Mellowship Slinky in B Major yet all the tabs i find are in C)

2. lethargytartare

lethargytartare

Sep 7, 2004
    Chicago
    The two on bassmasta are in B, and seem right. the 8797 part never sounds perfect to me when I play it -- I feel like it should be 7797, but my ear isn't so great, so I'm betting it's 8797...anyway, that's all in B, so you should be fine there...

3. Happynoj

Happynoj

Dec 5, 2006
    UK
    I like turtles.
    The original is in B major. Surely you can just move all the notes down a fret?

4. Jared Lash

Jared Lash Born under punches

Aug 21, 2006
    Denver, CO
    I have no idea what key this song is in, but B Major doesn't seem right to me, even though it's in the title.

The intro includes a lot of chromatic notes so it's tough to tell what key it starts in. The verse seems to be centered around the B, but the bass riff includes an A rather than an A# so I wonder if it isn't in B Mixolydian, which is a mode that RHCP use fairly often. And And the chorus "Good god, etc" seems to be a modulation as well.

In any event, I think this tab is pretty accurate.

5. lol nice