Melvin Davis playing "Night Rhythms" on Lee Ritenour's Overtime CD

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by GrooveWarrior, Nov 10, 2005.

1. Holy Crap!!!! I have the CD and DVD. Melvin Davis is kickin' some a$$ on this tune. He is playing a 4 string Fender Deluxe Jazz and laying down some of the coolest grooves. Check it out.

Just get the DVD and watch these guys!!! Anthony Jackson, Melvin Davis, Dave Carpenter, Harvey Mason, Alex Acuna, Chris Botti, Dave Grusin, Eric Marienthal, Patrice Rushen, etc. KILLER!
  2. Oh yeah! This is a wonderful album. Everyone needs to pick it up.

Melvin definitely lets it all hang out on that tune. He has a groove a mile wide.
  3. Melvin has a 7 string bass that he helped to be developed,But I was always wondering if Lee doesn't insist on him playing a 4 string fender.Especially since Marcus played on Nightrhythms and he sort of set the standard for that tune.I have Lee's live in LA CD and Melvin is on it.He sounds unbelievable and he is playing a 4 string Fender(I think).I guess it goes to show that you can still play some great stuff on a 4.
  4. willgroove2

Aug 16, 2003
    chicago IL
    Endorsing Artist;Essential sound products,Dunlop, Ergo Instruments
    melvin plays a 4 string fender a 5 string ksd and his 7 on that cd/dvd. i emailed him and asked him if his ksd was stock and he said no that both his fender and ksd had pickups by semore dunckin,maybe pre's too,that were no longer availible.
  5. I read on Melvins' website that his Fender 4 has Duncan pickups and an EMG preamp.
  6. Alla

Sep 25, 2000
    Where can i find the dvd?