members, i need your help to get this job!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by die_Heavies, Oct 13, 2004.

1. die_Heavies

May 19, 2003
    I just recently applied to guitar center, and had the interview yesterday. Everything was going fine and dandy until the manager asked me 3 questions, each having to do with different technical stuff. For example one of the questions was do you know the difference between so and so mics. I was wondering if there are any websites that I can look at to study. The manager said I should call him back later this month once I brushed up more on merchendise knowledge. Thanks in advance.
  2. how about the manufacterer's site?

i just thought you could start with that before you get the answer you are looking for...
  3. Arent they supposed to TRAIN YOU ?
  4. That's kinda odd...

I talked to some guys that work at GC, and asked them all about how they got hired and all that good / boring shtuffs...

... He said there wasn't too many questions in the interview, basically what department he wanted to be in, and then once he gave the answer, the dude asked him some general questions about stuff in that department.

Apparantly uh.... the guy who interviewed you was just being really hard on you :meh:

5. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    Condenser and Dynamic?

Some of this stuff might be easier than you think. It's just a matter of getting into the technical aspect of things.