Memorial Day

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Steve, May 30, 2005.

1. Steve

Aug 10, 2001
    When I was young and unwilling, there where members of this board that served and sacrificed....

Now that I am older and unable, there are members of this board that continue to serve and sacrifice...

Thank You...doesn't seem quite enough.
  2. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    no it doesn't... But Thanks from Me too!
  3. burk48237

burk48237 Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2004
    Oak Park, MI
  4. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    Hear hear!

Thanks to all of you that have and do serve!
  5. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Deptford, NJ
    Ditto to that.

We owe our lives to you all.
  6. DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Remember the fallen on this day.

brad cook
  7. nonsqtr

nonsqtr The emperor has no clothes!

Aug 29, 2003
    Burbank CA USA
    Ditto here.

Now we should probably put our money where our mouths are, and start taking care of our veterans.

Lip service once a year is all fine and dandy, but let's look at the actuals. Combat-wounded veterans are being denied adequate medical care in VA facilities around the nation.

Saying "thank you" doesn't quite cut it.

You're right, it's "not enough".

We have to stand behind the folks that gave their hearts and lives for our country.

That's the absolute least we can do.

(Edit: that's not intended to be a "political" statement, it's intended as an expression of heartfelt gratitude, and a recognition of the responsibility that we all carry in that regard).
  8. Vince S.

Vince S. Resident Former Bassist

Jan 24, 2003
    Thank you to all our veterans.

9. Against Will

Against Will Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2003
    Big Sound Central
    Thank you to all the ones who made it home.

Good luck to the ones who are still abroad.

Rest in Peace those that did not make it back.
  10. BigMikeW

BigMikeW Banned

May 25, 2005
    Nashville, TN.
    Banned by TB Administration for refusal to account for funds
    My thread about Honouring OuR Armed Forces was closed for some reason. So, here is what I wrote earlier today.

Today we should all honor and pay our respects to those who have willingly given their lives so that we may live as free people, Americans.

As is the case every year I wish to thank each and every person who has fought and died in the defense of this great country. Without your sacrifice my family and I would not be free and would not be able to persue our dreams.

Saying thank you is not enough. Nothing I can do is enough to show the gratitude my family and I have for what you have done.

As is customary in our house, we have laid flowers at the graves of several veterans and my 7 year old daughter is writing letters and drawing pictures to send to our troops overseas.

To all on this forum, please take a moment to think about what today really is about. It isn't just a three day weekend. Many men and women have died so that we could have the freedom to sit in our backyards today with friends and family.

We love you all and you will forever have my gratitude and respect! YOU ARE NOT FORGOTTEN!

God Bless us all and the USA!
  11. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    OK, I'll let this one go it's course. Let the other mods decide, I'm off to bed anyhow.

I'm in a bit of a dilemma here. Partly, because I'm not American and don't know about this holiday, and because I'm still thinking this is at least at the outer fringes of the forum rules - but when everybody plays nice... I just don't wanna have a mailbox full of reported posts in the morning...

P.S.: Please remove the song links, unless they're your own songs (Copyright).
  12. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan

its about honoring those who have served the US. dont europeans praise their troops?

13. We're a bit more reserved about our admiration for our troops over here, I think. I've never witnessed people in Europe giving European troops the same props that ye give yours. Which is a pity, but put it down to cultural divide.

Here in Ireland we honour our fallen soldiers in many ways. It's hard to know how much to praise those who fought and died for us, because if you're too extreme, it can be seen as anti-British, which gets you into trouble with some people, and too passive means you are pro-British, which gets you into trouble with a whole other bunch of people. I prefer silent admiration myself.

Not meaning to hi-jack, but since you asked.
  14. BigMikeW

BigMikeW Banned

May 25, 2005
    Nashville, TN.
    Banned by TB Administration for refusal to account for funds
    Violation of forum rules.
  15. JMX

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
  16. JMX

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    Reopened on probation. Please adhere to the rules. No politics.