1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Memphis Area Stores

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Go_Down!, Aug 21, 2007.

1. Go_Down!

Go_Down!

Aug 18, 2007
    Hello comrades in bass. I am new to the forums and pretty much new to talk bass, but I have a quandary and I need help. I see all kinds of custom 6 string basses out there, and many are beautiful, however so very far out of my price range. There is one six string at the local GC and IS in my price range, however I refuse to buy it due to it being the only one I've played.

So here is the problem. I will be going up to Memphis to visit my sister and am wondering about the various shops that might house my next prized possession. I know that I can look up all the shops on the net, but any helpful suggestions that might steer me in the right direction will be spectacular. Thanks in advance for the help!

BTW, my price range is set between $500-$700, so if anyone has a great 6-axe they wouldn't mind parting with, I may be in the market!

-Sam

2. Go_Down!

Go_Down!

Aug 18, 2007
    No one lives or has been in/around memphis? cmon...

bumpity thump.

3. Caca de Kick

Caca de Kick Supporting Member

Nov 18, 2002
    Seattle / Tacoma
    I've haven't been to Memphis yet, but I've been buying basses from Martin Music, they're in the suburbs. Great guys to deal with. www.martinmusicguitar.com

Martin Music Guitar
    8014 Club Center Drive, Suite 12
    Cordova, Tennessee 38018

4. Kephah

Kephah

Oct 1, 2006
    M-I-Z-Z-O-U !
    yeah check out Martin Music lots of Laklands and Smith's nice amp selection too. They have a pretty good Guitar Center just a little further on down Germantown Parkway just search for the GC in Cordova/Bartlett.

It has some pretty nice higher end stuff- couple Warriors,a Skjold,couple of D'Alegria's,some Modulus' and the usual GC stuff.

Other shops I don't bother with anymore since I was a kid-There used to be a REALLY nice place called Strings-n-Things. I bought 2 Tobias' and a Warrior there. But lately they've filled Chapter 13 and all they carry is their own line of Chinese? made junk-St. Blues Customs.......what a joke....lol

5. Go_Down!

Go_Down!

Aug 18, 2007
    Ah, spectacular. I was wondering about their GC. Thx for the info guys, will have to check these stores out!