1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Meris Enzo Synth Pedal

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Phagor, Sep 4, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Phagor

Phagor

Mar 26, 2002
    London, UK

This thing looks and sounds amazing!

cosmicevan, five7, SirMjac28 and 6 others like this.
  2. FilterFunk

FilterFunk Everything is on the ONE! Supporting Member

Mar 31, 2010
    Scooped me by 13 minutes!

nixdad and Phagor like this.
  3. Basshappi

Basshappi

Feb 12, 2007
    Tucson,AZ
    Saw the initial info leaked over the weekend and planned to watch the P&E vid as soon as I get the chance.
    I am seriously diving into the "synth" side of FX and I will be taking a very close look at this pedal!

nixdad likes this.
  4. ilansgroove

ilansgroove

Jan 24, 2012
    paris, france
    Want !!!!

5. ilansgroove

ilansgroove

Jan 24, 2012
    paris, france
    Ordered ....
    @Phagor .... thanks ... it’s 2AM here in Paris , And I’m 300$ lighter because of you ... LOL

nixdad, LordHar, grillman and 2 others like this.
  6. Proton Lenny

Proton Lenny Supporting Member

Apr 24, 2006
    Portland Oregon
    This thing looks very cool. Always want to love 'synth' pedals. Have yet to find one that I really jive with. Maybe this will be the one....

Matt Dean, five7 and nixdad like this.
  7. Alien8

Alien8

Jan 29, 2014
    Well, if you don't jive with it, I might buy yours for a slightly reduced price after you demo it!

I mostly like the oscillators. I still want way more control over envelopes.

8. Proton Lenny

Proton Lenny Supporting Member

Apr 24, 2006
    Portland Oregon
    That's why I always feel like I want a standalone filter. But then the all in one synth pedals don't seem to make as much sense. Also the few demos that exist currently have the same problem as most synth pedals in that the transient of the note just isn't sharp enough for fast rhythmic playing. If I can get my hands on one I'll see if I'm wrong.

nixdad, bkbirge and MDH bass like this.
  9. Phagor

Phagor

Mar 26, 2002
    London, UK
    You're welcome! Where did you order yours? Thomann and the UK distributors aren't showing it yet.

I'm excited about this, even though I already have 3 synth pedals and have been saving for a Moog Sub 37.

10. Adel_andy

Adel_andy

Aug 2, 2018
    Is it just me, or my headphones, or does it sound really short on low end when Juan Alderete is demoing?

11. Phagor

Phagor

Mar 26, 2002
    London, UK
    I think he leaves it on a high pass filter setting through most his demo until the 'Oberheim' part.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2018
  12. ilansgroove

ilansgroove

Jan 24, 2012
    paris, france
    Got it from their website ... had it sent to a friend in chicago ... Thomann will probably be at least 15% more expensive

Phagor likes this.
  13. ilansgroove

ilansgroove

Jan 24, 2012
    paris, france
    I really don’t like the their demo ... I like the part of the 2 geeks talking about the pedal , but they’re not doing anything musical with the pedal ... just showing un the noises it can create.

I would like to hear more « useful » settings and have the mix knob move a little and not only at 100% wet ... at least for the bass demo.

I find this demo more more interesting, and that was the demo that made me buy it ;

14. ilansgroove

ilansgroove

Jan 24, 2012
    paris, france
    I’m always searching for synth sound ... had a few in the past , they were always missing something , and I’m always testing synth sounds by stacking filters fuzzes and octaver , like I did here :

Best synth pedal I ever owned Is the bananana mantryoska - but you can’t save any settings on it , here’s the demo I did for it -

I trust the Enzo can get same sounds as the matryoshka, if it does - matryoshka is for sale :)

15. Phagor

Phagor

Mar 26, 2002
    London, UK
    Great demos Ilan, nice playing. Let us know how you get on with the Enzo. They're out of stock already on the Meris website :rollno:

ilansgroove likes this.
  16. ilansgroove

ilansgroove

Jan 24, 2012
    paris, france
    Thanks ...

Can wait to get it and mess around with it ;)

17. fauxtoe

fauxtoe Supporting Member

Apr 20, 2018
    Murrieta, California
    So it was you who made the Matryoshka demo! Your video sold me on it far more than the others out there. Though, it will now be a delayed purchase since I have a Seymour Duncan FOOZ arriving today. I'm really interested to see how that pedal works both with and without an octave in front of it.

The Enzo is an interesting pedal and I'm with the crowd that I'm happy to finally see some necessary synth features on it, but until I hear some more with bass I have yet to be sold. Juan and Nick (first video) didn't really get a very good recording of it and it sounds like it lacks low end, which I'm sure it really doesn't.

ilansgroove and Zoobiedood like this.
  18. nshuman

nshuman

Sep 4, 2012
    Montreal, Qc, Canada
    ccp
    Would be interesting to hear what you think of it compared to the Squaver.

Alien8 likes this.
  19. ilansgroove

ilansgroove

Jan 24, 2012
    paris, france
    Thanks ... happy to know that someone liked my Vid :)

Nick and Juan are funny and kind of interesting , but I rarely saw a demo I liked from them , even for pedals that I own and like LOL ...

nixdad likes this.
  20. SirMjac28

SirMjac28 Patiently Waiting For The Next British Invasion Gold Supporting Member

Aug 25, 2010
    The Great Midwest
    Sixteen pedals on my board I'm out of room darn it!!!!!!