1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Merry Christmas for me - New Bass!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by iplaybassguitar, Dec 29, 2006.

1. sorry for the delay, but heres some pictures of my new bass.

http://s127.photobucket.com/albums/p141/iplaybassguitar/

Its an Ibanez Prestige SR1006EZW,
    6 strings
    Mahogany body
    Zebrawood Top
    maple/bubinga neck
    rosewood fretboard
    Bartolini Custom pickups/preamp
    monorail IV bridge
    Gold Hardware
    24 medium frets

2. poptart

poptart Commercial User

Sep 13, 2005
    UK
    Owner: Bass Direct
    Did you mean
    Very nice :D

3. yeah thats the one.

4. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Groovy. I enjoy some of the high end Ibanez SR basses. Unfortuantely, they stopped making the prestige sr3000e's, which was IMO their best bass of all time. Perhaps it was too expensive for them to get the wenge and mahogany required, who knows. My new favorite for them would be the SR1000 with the spalted maple top. There werent too many of them made but my local shop got a 4 string and a 5 sting. I really like the neck on them, and the brass nut they put in there. I think they may have used ebony for the fingerboards on these but I didnt really pay much attention. Either way, they were the highest quality feeling Ibanez i've felt. My local shop is selling them for a reasonable price, lower than what Ibanez lists for the selling price of them. I don't really enjoy how these basses sound though. The bartolini pickups that Ibanez uses dont really do it for me.

5. Very nice!

6. i love the bart sound, and reguarding your comment on prices, ne is better than your local shop.

the bass i got lists at 1699, and usually sells for like 1400 or so, and i bought mine for 999, what a killer deal.

7. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    That is a good deal. Enjoy the bass :)

8. oh boy, am i.

9. milo

milo

Jul 22, 2004
    slovenia
    This Ibanez LTD series basses are sick I like BTB over SR.

10. ^^^ :eek: :eek:

11. i dont like the btbs as much, i much prefer the sound of a SR, the looks too.

12. Bassist4Life

Bassist4Life

Dec 17, 2004
    Buffalo, NY
    Me too. I'm not fond of the pointy horns and the wavy end of the fingerboard on the BTB.

Joe

13. the btb1305....i played it and i was blown away. best bass i've tried this year without a doubt

14. i think i tried that one when i was looking at my bass in the store...i liked mine a lot more, i know i tried a high end btb, it cost around 1400 i think, but i cant remember the model number. it played nice for sure, but i liked the sound and feel of mine more, probably equally nice, just personal preference...it probably helped too that mine was on closeout for 999.