Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Merry Christmas To Me!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Tyler Hole, Dec 28, 2005.

1. Came a few days after Christmas, but it's my present to myself.

Oh, I spose I should say what it is :p It's a Dean Playmate AEB.

I've been wanting an acoustic bass so that I can play without having to sit in my room with my amp to hear myself, so I started looking around at acoustics. I really didn't have a lot of money to spend so I was looking at the cheaper ones.

I looked at some Rogues but didn't really like them and then I saw the Dean for $150 on sale at MF. I remembered back to playing one at a local guitar store in Jackson, CA and I was really digging it. I read the reviews on MF and people loved it except that the pickup was a tad on the weak side, but I don't care about that really, I bought it to play without an amp.

So it came today and I reluctantly stopped playing NHL 2006 (I was whooping ass) to give the bass it's first test run.

Out of the box it needed to be tuned, obviously, and all it took as far as setup was a little turn of the truss rod and the thing was playing wonderfully.

It's got great volume, a fast, smooth neck and just sounds great. It also isn't too big to the point where it is a pain to play it.

So yea, that's all I have to say about that. Here are a couple of *crappy* pics.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'm one happy person :)

-Tyler

2. Thanks SMASH! The jazz band is coming along good, we had a concert last wednesday that went real well, lots of fun.

3. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member