Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Merry Christoween!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by yoshi, Nov 26, 2004.

1. yoshi

yoshi

Jul 12, 2002
    England, London
    Merry Christoween to you all indeed!

Fear not, for I have not gone insane! Christoween is infact a new season that I made for some uni work; the task being to create a seasonal Ecard. Bizzarrly the hand in date for this work is the exact date half way between halloween and christmas so it works out surprisingly well!

It's coded in SVG so you'll need a plug in i believe. Give it a while to downlaod before playing (music file is about 900kb:p)

http://mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/midikong/MerryChristoween/MerryChristoween.htm

'ave a merry Christoween ;)

2. Bard2dbone

Bard2dbone

Aug 4, 2002
    Arlington TX
    I remember a nurse I worked with complaining about the holidays that we end up spending at work, in stead of with our families. She thought it would be reasonable to send everyone a blanket all-holidays card at the beginning of the year for all the occasions she would miss with her family and friends.

She called the combined holiday 'ValEasterGivingWeenMas'.

Just a thought :eyebrow:

3. Makes sense, since Oct 31 is the same as Dec 25. (only computer programmers will get that joke)

- Dave

4. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    I don't get it.

5. Kind of like this joke:

There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

6. In computer programming, "octal" is a number system that goes from 0 to 7 as opposed to decimal which is 0 to 9. It is represented by 3 binary bits. The number 31 in octal is the same as 3 * 8 + 1 = 25 in decimal. Therefore, Octal 31 = Decimal 25. Or, abbreviated, Oct 31 = Dec 25.

- Dave

7. Matthew Bryson

Matthew Bryson Guest

Jul 30, 2001
    You've still neglected my people's holiday. I've long ago grown tired of the standard American holidays, then I heard about something great. A holiday that fits my life style. A festivus for the rest of us. Now, I only celebrate FESTIVUS!
    :hyper:
    I'll soon be setting up the Festivus pole, and I've already been practicing up for the feats of strength. Of course this year, I'm really looking forward to the airing of grievances!
    To learn more about Festivus

:p

8. I bags being in the feats of strength! FESTIVUS FOR THE RESTOFUS!!

Leigh

9. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    The term is Wintereenmas.