1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Mesa 210 or Yorkville 410??

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by KingCrimson, Mar 12, 2009.

1. mesa 210

5 vote(s)
    41.7%
  2. Yorkville 410

7 vote(s)
    58.3%
  1. KingCrimson

KingCrimson

Oct 6, 2008
    I'm buying a cab to add to my setup (Ashdown MAG300 through a Yorkville 115b)

I play mainly metal and that's what the cab will be used for so i can run the full 4 ohms of my amp.

Both cabs are the same price second hand, the Yorkville is the matching 410 version of my current cab also, but mesa has some pretty impressive gear aswell so i don't want to shoot them down.

the models are specifically called

Yorkville 410b
    Mesa Boogie 2x10 Powerhouse

2. BadB

BadB

May 25, 2005
    USA
    Mesa all the way. For your situation, you may get more out the 410. I'd still go with the Mesa, though. They sound great and they are built like a tank. Re-sale is probably better, as well.

3. bassboysam

bassboysam Supporting Member

Apr 26, 2001
    Ottawa, Ontario
    I am a big yorkville fan, I had the 410 in the past but never could get the sound I wanted out of it, but I think that was my inexperience with tube amps than the cab itself...I always thought Mesa sounded good but I think they are over valued. Playing in a metal band no one is going to notice the difference in tone between the 2 cabs you mentioned I would go for the extra volume personally...if you are playing in a Jazz quartet, go mesa, but in this case the 2 extra speakers are probably a better setup.

4. iualum

iualum

Apr 9, 2004
    ...more speaker area, go Yorkville...sounds like re-sale will be as good on the Yorkie as the Mesa anyway...

5. Yorkville cabs....well built, sound great. Nothin' wrong with Mesa, just prefer the Yorkie.