Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Mesa 210 vs. Epifani 210

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by konfishily, Jun 26, 2005.

1. konfishily

konfishily

Jan 24, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY
    Im caught in a decision between a Mesa 210 powerhouse and a Epifani 210 cab. I play mostly rock and a bit of everything else. What are the advantages they have over each other?

How do they differ in sound? etc...

2. Not in the same league as far as I am concerned. The Epifani is more dynamic, has better projection, is clearer.

Such is a "no-brainer".

3. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    yes... :bawl:

4. I used both live for quite some time. The Epifani
    cuts through a lot better at smaller gigs.

5. konfishily

konfishily

Jan 24, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY
    The epifani Im looking at is an older one. It has the side by side speakers, rather than diagnal. Is there a difference between the new ones and old ones? I really have no experience with epifani, so thats why i ask.

6. I also had the older side by side 2x10 and liked it a lot.

7. rockstarbassist

rockstarbassist Banned

Apr 30, 2002
    The Woodlands, TX
    Endorsing Artist: HCAF
    I had a Mesa 2x10 and liked it alright.

Mesa gear is good, dependable/reliable, solid gear, but nothing in the league of say a Schroeder, Epifani, or Accugroove, nor is it really meant to be.

But it's a good gigging piece of gear that I would recommend if you get a good price on one... But not over an Epi.. ;)

8. B String

B String Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2002
    Los Angeles
    Comming from a guy who makes some of the better boxes on
    the planet, I would tend to respect his opinion. The mesa
    boxes are no slouches either though.

9. I honestly used Epifani for smaller venues and the Mesa cabs (with EVs) for larger and outdoor gigs; that's where the Mesa cabs were able to show off :)

10. popinfresh

popinfresh

Dec 23, 2004
    Melbourne, Aus
    +1

My Mesa 1516 sounds allright in my 'rig room' but when I crank it up live, it sounds incredible. Jorg's 410 has something to live up to :p But seriously, I will miss the Mesa, it's a real quality cabinet that sounds nothing short of amazing, it's just right now it's too heavy and big to get around.

FWIW It's a Diesel series cab with EV's, Mesa's best sounding era IMO.

11. rockstarbassist

rockstarbassist Banned

Apr 30, 2002
    The Woodlands, TX
    Endorsing Artist: HCAF

As much as I loved my Mesa gear, believe me, this Schro stuff is second to none... ;)