1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Mesa 2X12

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by cableguy, Oct 30, 2010.

1. cableguy

cableguy Supporting Member

Jun 4, 2009
    North Bend, WA
    The other day I played a Mesa 2X12 at the local GC. It sounded sweet. The salesman at the store was a tool and couldn't answer any of my questions. I didn't see a horn but the dust cap of the speakers looked a little different. Does anybody know if they use coax speakers? I normally turn the horn off on my current cab (Goliath II 4X10) so I was suprised at how smooth the top end sounded. I couldn't totally crank it, but it seemed like it would be loud enough to compete volume wise in your average rock setting. Any current MB 2X12 users have any compliants about their cab? All I know is this cab has the sound I've been hearing in my head for a long time.

2. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    Look at the back- if it has the Player Control thingie, and an attenuator, it's got a horn. But, as with anything else made by Mesa, they don't use crap parts, so anything they build will be of the highest quality.